Job Location: Mr. Vernon, NY
Our Westchester NY based Architectural Engineering Client is seeking a Project Architect / Job Captain on a full-time basis in New York City and the surrounding metropolitan area. The Project Architect / Job Captain will work as part of a team on complex restoration projects involving project design development and construction documentation. Responsibilities include working closely with project designers, building strong relationships with clients, coordinating engineers, working with zoning and building departments as well as monitoring construction. Team management, schedule performance and attention to detail are important qualities for success in this role.
The Project Architect / Job Captain position is for degreed professional staff with a minimum of three years of restoration experience in exterior masonry and roofing projects; preparing plans and specs and attending construction meetings. He or she must have their own car, and be willing to go on scaffolding: both swing stage and pipe frame scaffolding. It is anticipated that the candidate has been exposed to a variety of different job tasks, project managers, clients, and technical subjects.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Oversee the evaluation, investigation, and design of unique repairs for existing buildings that have experienced either architectural failures, water leakage or other moisture induced damage.
- Oversee and mentor engineering staff in the evaluation and renovation of existing facades.
- Possess significant experience in the design and development of full contract documents for the renovation, restoration, and preservation of existing buildings.
- Conduct third-party peer reviews of building enclosures for both constructability and performance.
- Perform site observations of newly installed envelope components.
- Oversee the field testing of architectural systems including, windows, doors, curtainwalls, storefronts, skylights, masonry, metal and composite panels, exterior cladding systems, roofing and waterproofing systems, and other components of the building envelope.
- Interact directly with clients and independently manage projects.
- Knowledge of NYC building industry codes, and standards.
- Bachelors degree in Architectural Engineering or Architecture, Masters preferred
- Registered architect or licensed engineer
- Minimum 3 years restoration experience in the NYC Metro Area in exterior masonry and roofing projects; preparing plans and specs and attending construction meetings. He or she must have their own car, and be willing to go on scaffolding: both swing stage and pipe frame scaffolding.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently depending on the job assignment
- Ability to work in the field and to travel depending on job assignment and workload
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history
- Acomprehensive salary plan and generous benefits
- Goal oriented, creative environment
- Licensure and Continuing Education Program
- Health Insurance Package
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance available
- 3 weeks paid vacation, Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan
- Bonus Eligibility Program
Local Candidates Only, No relocation Assistance Provided
US Citizens or Valid US Green Card Holders Only
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.