See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Digital Hardware Engineer - ADAS
Job summary of theDigital Hardware Engineer - ADAS:
Electrical Design Engineer with ADAS and ECU experience is required to play a key role in thedevelopment of theadvanced active safety microelectronic hardware designs forautomotive applications.In this role you will be responsible forDevelopment of hardware/software interface specifications. This isone of our long term clients (a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems). This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.If you have previous experience with Multi-processor ECU design which includesARM processors, DSP and SOC/FPGA along withDigital communication interfaces, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Digital Hardware Engineer - ADAS:
- Circuit analysis including worst case, monte-carlo, etc
- Interface with ECAD forcircuit board layout andcompliance with Manufacturing Design Rules.
- Development of hardware/software interface specifications.
- Perform electrical development and bench testing.
- Control and release Electrical BOM.
- Collaborate withproduct assurance team for developingtest specifications and required test equipment
- Lead EMC activities to ensure compliance and final approvals from customer.
- Develop and work onsubsystem level testing for proof of concept of new design strategies
- Collaboration with Manufacturing groups to bring new product from prototype through production.
- Interface with suppliers for development of component specifications, resolving open issues and maintain the inventory.
- Circuit designing as per the customer requirements along with the key component identification.
- Execute Thermal management, design approaches and testing in conjunction with mechanical team.
- Identification and implementation of all necessary design changes.
- Participate in design reviews with peers and Technical Specialists and document all the aspects of the product development process
Qualifications of the Digital Hardware Engineer - ADAS:
- BSEE along with 5 years of experience inhigh-speed digital hardware design.
- Any experience in vehicle control electronics is a plus.
- Experience inMulti-processor ECU design which includesARM processors, DSP and SOC/FPGA.
- Experience withDigital andVehiclecommunication interfaces such asI2C, SPI, UART, RS-232/485, MIPI,Flexray, CAN/ CAN FD, GM-LAN, LIN, MOST.
- Experience withhigh speed serial and Video interfaces such asSERDES, GMSL, FPD-Link, LVDS is a plus.
- Knowledge ofhigh reliability electronics design, EMC, signal integrity, andPCB construction and stackup (Type 1/ Type 2 HDI, BGA fanout, etc).
- Any experience in Thermal considerations in component selection/layout,Functional Safety/ ISO-26262 considerations, and/or manufacturingand test designs is a plus.
- Experience with high-speed memory interface design such asDDRx andhigh reliability electronics design (fail safe power supply architecture designs) is preferred.
- Solid background in failure analysis/root cause investigation.
Compensation of the Digital Hardware Engineer - ADAS:
Salary Range: $90,000-110,000/year depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -"Multi-processor ECU", "Multi processor ECU", ECU, "Engine control unit",ARM, DSP, SOC, FPGA, "Digital communication interfaces",I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-485, MIPI, DDRX, "Vehicle communication interfaces",Flexray, CAN, "CAN FD",GM-LAN, LIN, MOST, "GM LAN",SERDES, GMSL, FPD-Link, LVDS, "Fail Safe", "power supply", "Thermal considerations", EMC, "Signal integrity", HDI, BGA, fanout, , "Failure analysis",root cause investigation"Schematic, "Circuit analysis",worst case",monte-carlo, "monte carlo",ECAD,
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.