Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program.
Visit https://helpfbms.org to learn more.
Chief Development Officer
Father Bill’s & MainSpring (FBMS) is seeking a Chief Development Officer (CDO) to join our Senior Management Team to strategically lead our development and funding efforts and to oversee all operational components of the development office. The CDO fosters a culture of philanthropy within the organization and ensures that we advance our mission by directing the identification, cultivation and solicitation of key donors, establishing performance metrics for the development organization, and achieving annual goals while continually expanding the donor base. The position reports directly to, and will work collaboratively with, the President & CEO, as well as FBMS Board Members.
- Oversee the development organization providing strategic planning, implementation and integration of all development programs and activities;
- Working closely with the President & CEO to establish and meet annual fundraising goals;
- Grow and diversify the funding base while managing a portfolio of major and principal gift donors and significantly expanding the major donor program;
- Ensure that fundraising policies and practices complement the mission, vision and strategic plan of FBMS;
- Establish and oversee all development programs, including annual giving, major and principal giving, planned and estate giving, corporate and foundation relations, and development operations;
- Through direct supervision of the Director of Development Operations, manage the public relations, marketing, fundraising, and event planning efforts of the organization;
- Engage, recruit, and manage qualified volunteers and personnel;
- Design and assure implementation of cost-effective fund development programs that achieve the highest possible return on investment
The CDO must be an outgoing and experienced professional with passion and enthusiasm for the FBMS mission, empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues, and the desire to work collaboratively as part of a team toward a common goal. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and experienced with donor cultivation and major gifts.
We seek candidates with:
- 7-10 years of experience with major gifts and extensive experience in the business of philanthropy;
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred);
- a strong and successful track record in closing major/plan giving efforts;
- experience managing and supervising a Development department and team
- strategic leadership skills and big picture mentality, as well as the ability to implement and execute
- excellent communication and interpersonal and relationship-building skills
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to THIS EMAIL . *Please note “Chief Development Officer” in the subject line of the email.*
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.