See all jobs in Dubuque IA
Job Location: Dubuque, IA
TITLE: INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER
AREA: Eastern, IA
SALARY: $ 78,000
Our client, a global manufacturer and service provider of performance products that meet the mobility needs of the off-road vehicle market, has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLP to source, screen and qualify candidates for an Industrial Engineer.
Their Value Statement may best describe the work environment:
They have a strong international presence with worldwide R&D, manufacturing and distribution capability. Their products are paramount in the material handling, construction, agriculture, power sports, and defense industries. With a global team of over 8,000 employees and centers in the U.S.A., Canada, Asia and Europe they are The competition.
- Empowerment Everyday we ask ourselves Is there a better way?
- Integrity We do what is best for our customers and the company.
- Commitment We do what we say with excellence.
- Teamwork As a team we win when everyone is fully engaged.
Define, and optimize processes for manufacturing assemblies using LEAN engineering principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate, develop, implement and or improve on processes in Manufacturing Systems.
- Optimize flow through various work cells & operations to balance labor utilization & efficiency
- Product start up
- Health and Safety risk assessment leader
- Make or Buy analysis
- Lean manufacturing resource
- Project management
- Determine plant requirements and cost/profit benefits for potential expansions, machine conversions, etc.
- Design methods to ensure product quality
- Support other departments as needed
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Engineering, BSIE or Manufacturing Engineering, MfgE + 2 years of manufacturing experience or 10 years experience in industrial engineering. Or 2 year Technical Degree plus 5 years experience relative to manufacturing
- Mechanical design concepts for fabrication, welding, painting and assembly
- Exposure to and knowledge of APQP and PFMEA is preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD, experience in Pro-E a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products
- Strong background in Lean Manufacturing
- Background in agricultural equipment preferred
- Most Important:
- Must be self-directed self starter
- People oriented good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude
- Multiple tasking managing several projects simultaneously
- Fast paced sense of urgency
If you feel you are qualified and want to be considered for this premier position send your resume as a MS Word attachment for immediate review.
This is not a traditional Manufacturing position. If you are a take control individual and want to do meaningful work that is appreciated by management and fellow workers this is an exceptional opportunity. If you desire the chance to be creative in solving problems and to be a real contributor to the growth of a great company, you should take a hard look and send us your resume. A great place to work!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.