See all jobs in Columbia SC
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Growing, global Tier I automotive supplier is looking for a seasoned QE who can lead their injection molding team with mold related defects and root cause. Will work with complex molding issues, support APQP new program launch activities, root cause and corrective action and supplier management. Outstanding work culture, high commitment to quality, professional management team and very good growth opportunities.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for quality assurance,inspection, calibration, PPAP and NCR/CAR activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the quality value stream (PPAPs, NPI, 8Ds) from the supplier to the customer for his or her specific product area of responsibility including:
- Partner with suppliers to continually improve supplier quality and supplier quality issues
- Facilitates root cause analysis and implementation of permanent root cause corrective action to resolve quality problems for his or her specific product area of responsibility.
- Drive improvement in the organization utilizing statistical, data-driven methods and techniques including tools such as trend analyses, capability studies, Gage R&R studies, ANOVA, Design of experiments, etc.
- Ensure the Calibration system is managed to NIST and ISO requirements for measuring tools and gauges on production and IM&T equipment.
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of control plans, PFMEAs and other APQP documentation for continuous improvement
- Maintain the QMS to meet or exceed ISO9001/TS16949 and customer requirements.
- Perform and assistwith Internal and external audits
- Assist customers and technical support representatives to resolve complaints and claims
- Lead First Article Inspections and Production Part Approvals.
- Successfully work and interact within cross-functional teams to achieve business initiatives
- 5+years of experience in a manufacturing environment in quality with exposure to ISO9001 and TS16949
- A proven background in leading root-cause analysis, problem-solving, and corrective actions in a manufacturing environment. Five years of experience with using two or more of the following quality tools: APQP, SPC, FMEA, DOE, 8D, Fishbone, Gage R&R, Process Capability Study, PPAP, Effective interpersonal skills.
- Quality Systems (ISO9001, AS9100, or TS16949) experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering.
- Ability to prioritize assignments to meet established goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- ASQ Certification desired.
- Six Sigma Green Belt desired.
- High level of teamwork, initiative, and involvement.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.