See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Hardware Engineer - Active Safety
Hardware Engineer with Active Safetyexperience is required to play a key role in the development of theadvanced active safety microelectronic hardware designs for automotive applications. Our this client is aleader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offerssignificant future opportunities to break into new vehicle safety technologies. If you have hands on experience withMulti-processor ECU design andcommunication interfaces, then this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of theHardware Engineer - Active Safety:
- Schematic capture andCircuit analysis includingworst case, monte-carlo, etc.
- Development ofadvanced active safety microelectronic hardware designs forautomotive applications.
- Interface with ECAD for circuit board layout followingManufacturing Design Rules
- Control and releasing of Electronic Bill of Material.
- Collaborate with Product Assurance team for the development oftest specifications andequipment.
- Perform EMC activities for compliance and finall approvals from customer.
- Execute onsubsystem level testing forproof of concept of new design strategies.
- Collaborate with vendors for component specifications development, resolving issues and ensuringthe proper inventory.
- Identify and implement necessary design changes.
- Attenddesign reviews withpeers and technical specialists.
- Electrical development and bench testing.
- Document all the aspects of the product development process.
- Hardware and software interface specifications development
- Work with Manufacturing team fornew product from prototype through production.
Qualifications for theHardware Engineer - Active Safety:
- BSEE along with 3+ years of experience circuit-level (analog and digital) Automotive Electronics.
- Solid background in hardware development for embedded control systems.
- Vehicle communication interfaces such asFlexray, CAN/ CAN FD, GM-LAN, LIN, MOST, etc.
- Knowledge ofFunctional Safety/ ISO-26262 considerations in HW design is a plus
- Experience withPCB construction and stackup, including Type 1/ Type 2 HDI, BGA fanout, etc.
- Experience withFailure analysis/ root cause investigation
- Experience in designing for Automotive EMC andSignal integrity.
- Thermal considerations in component selection and layout.
- Experience with high reliability electronics design along withfail safe power supply architecture designs.
- Manufacture and test design experience.
Compensation of theHardware Engineer - Active Safety:
Salary Range: $85,000-110,000 (Aligned with knowledge and experience)
Location: Farmington. MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -ECU, "Engine Control Unit",ARM,DSP, SOC, FPGA, "Digital communication interfaces",I2C,SPI,UART,RS-232,RS-485, MIPI, "High-speed memory interface",DDRx, "Vehicle communication interfaces",Flexray, CAN, CAN FD,GM-LAN, "GM LAN",LIN, MOST, "High speed serial and Video interfaces",SERDES, GMSL,FPD-Link,LVDS, "electronics design", "Thermal considerations", "Signal integrity", "Functional Safety", 26262, "PCB construction",HDI, BGA,fanout, "Failure analysis", "root cause investigation",microelectronic,Schematic, "Circuit analysis", "worst case",monte-carlo,ECAD, "circuit board layout", BOM, "Bill of Material", "test specifications",subsystem, "proof of concept", "component specifications", "electrical development", "bench testing", "product development".
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.