See all jobs in Santa Ana CA
Job Location: Santa Ana, CA
ME Plastics Engineer-May consider telecommuting from other states.
This position will be located in our corporate office in Santa Ana, Ca and will report to the Sr. Director of Mechanical Engineering. The individual will coordinate & support R&D personnel on injection molded parts as an advisor to proper plastic part design. Will support reviews of all plastic parts generated for NPI development of our remote control designs. Will support our China ME Team developing/optimizing, reviewing plastic injection molded designs used in our products.
Why You Should Join Us
- Solve problems for new product introduction and development
- Shared learning and cross functional collaboration
- Promoter of learning and professional development programs
- Over 400 patents issued and pending
- 1 year anniversary of our Cloud Platform, 6x's growth first year
- We have Firmware, Software and Cloud Development
- Our average tenure is 7 years
- The executive leadership is solid and enduring
- Competitive salary with 50% match in 401K
- Strong history of internal promotions within CA and abroad
- 15 years of stock growth
Team OverviewOur vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge. Our team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and were just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem ofdata driven software solutions & cloud servicesfor connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments! Visit our links for more insight: www.youtube.com/user/ueicorporate www.uei.com
- Review plastic part designs to ensure the parts are following best practices for plastic injection processing.
- Analyze plastic part quality problems as required and determine root cause traceable to mold conditions. Determine action plan and execute or support accordingly.
- Coordinate and support R&D on part design.
- Keep abreast of changing technologies in tool design, build, and injection molding processing.
- Assist in the development of processes and molds/tooling necessary to produce new products and new technologies within plastic injection processes.
- Assist in the Design, development, or improvement of new or existing products or components using plastic injection molded processes.
- Assist in planning, design, and development or test requirements and any special testing equipment to establish product specification.
- Self motivated, Innovative and does not accept failure!
- 10+ years' experience in Molding/Mold-making/Tooling management.
- 5+ years of experience in diverse technical, injection molding tooling, materials, manufacturing, quality, and product design.
- Experience in SPC/Statistical Analysis/DOE/Six Sigma tools
- Experience in Process Validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) and Test Method Validations (MSA)
- B.S. in Engineering desired (Mechanical Engineering or Plastics Preferred)
- Six Sigma Black Belt (a plus)
- Project Management Training
- Use of Pro/E Creo 2.0 (required) SolidWorks a plus
- Basic Understanding of Best Drawing Practices
- Basic Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- DFM & Product design for molding.
- Plastics: materials / properties / design
- Molding: process capability / validations / troubleshooting
- Molds: design reviews
- Perform Failure Mode and Root Cause Analysis and Investigation
- Good understanding of Corrective Action and Preventive Action Systems
- Make recommendations regarding facilities, equipment, procedures, and systems, to assure conformance to (supplier or internal) quality standards
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.