See all jobs in San Francisco CA
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
A robotics and Artificial intelligence startup is seeking to hire a Senior Security Engineer to protect their infrastructure.
We are searching for a Senior Security Engineer to lead our infrastructure security efforts. This individual will report to the Head of Security and will be responsible to design, build and implement security and threat mitigation solutions to secure our IT & Cloud infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement and monitor our security controls and technologies
- Perform security reviews of our infra and tech supply chain
- Assess and manage vulnerabilities and technology risks across our technology assets
- Configure, administer, and operate security tools and capabilities
- Design, implement and continuously enhance security technologies including IAM, SIEM, EDR etc.
- Advise and support developers and DevOps engineers in securely implementing new innovations
- Research and design ways to achieve risk reduction objectives in creative ways, including expanding our current tool stack where appropriate
- Assist with security incidents that the company may face in alignment with our response processes
- Assess risk arising from third-parties, vendors and partners in our ecosystem and design controls to mitigate such risks
- Document security processes and standards.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Four years or more of information security experience, either in an internal security engineering, operations or consulting role
- Ability to code at least one scripting type language such as Python
- Working knowledge of networking security technologies (NGFW, Firewalls, IDS, etc.)
- Familiarity with securing cloud services running in Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with identity and access management concepts such as SAML federation, OAUTH and MFA
- Experience with microservice architectures, or large distributed systems.
- Expertise with browser security controls and web application security best practices.
- Experience working with operational or DevOps teams.
- Knowledge of unique security risks and capabilities with IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Experience communicating security concerns and issues to non-technical audiences
- Self-starter with solid collaboration mindset and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
- Passion for robotics and artificial intelligence
- Ability to code to automate security functions and processes
- Experience with Splunk or similar SIEM technology
- Working knowledge of encryption and key management practices
- Amazon Web Services certification
- Demonstrated interest and passion for information security through participation in industry events or competitions
- Previous experience as a penetration tester (red team) or incident response (blue team) a plus
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit on wheels, on rails, and on water
- Agile startup environment where youll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.