See all jobs in Fargo ND
Job Location: Hankinson, ND
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Environmental, Health and Safety function for themanufacturing facility. This individual will be a key member of the plant management teamand will interface with onsite personnel, suppliers, contractors, regulatory agencies and team members of the Corporate Management team.
- Environmental compliance - MUST HAVEEnvironmental Compliance around permitting with air and water.??
- Ensure facility has proper, complete and up-to-date permits as required by Federal, State and local regulations.
- Ensures discharge of water is properly tested, documented and reported.
- Ensures air quality is properly monitored.
- Safe Work Culture
- Oversee employee and contractor training programs, with specific detail pertaining to PSM requirements. Ensure employees and contractors are properly trained for the duties they are required to perform. Work with department managers to ensure employees and contractors perform those duties in a safe manner.
- Maintains a strong understanding of OSHA Regulations, and works with department managers to establish best work practices to promote a strong safety culture throughout the organization.
- Proactively monitors work activities and intervenes were necessary to ensure employees, assets and the environment is protected and facility complies with federal state and local regulations.
- Oversees OSHA Reporting and ensures it is properly documented and the required communications are posted onsite.
- Work with the Insurance carrier for Safety and Environmental monitoring with to ensure adequate progress is achieved.
- Industrial Hygiene (IH)
- Establish IH monitoring and reporting program as required throughout the facility
- Establish and update PPE guidelines as required from observation and testing results
- Ensure plant security plan is developed, updated, implemented and complies with Federal, State, and local regulations, and adequately protects employees, company assets and the environment.
- Emergency Response Management
- Act as liaison to authorities regarding emergencies involving the plant, employees, or contractors on site.
- Work with department managers and employees to ensure the plant is maintained in a clean, professional manner. Report any potential issues to Plant Manager and work proactively to implement corrective actions.
- Ensure all Reporting requirements are met for all Federal, State, and local regulations. This also includes Hazardous Material, Homeland Security.
- Report any potential regulatory violations immediately to the Plant Manager and COO
- Regulatory Communication, Permitting and Audits
- Will be the primary interface between HRE and agency personnel during onsite audits, for permit updates, renewals and new applications.
- Will coordinate the preparation of documents to support all internal and external communications regarding these matters
Education/Certification: Bachelors degree in a related scientific or technical field required.
& Experience: 3-7 years work experience implementing effective EHS programs in a manufacturing facility, with exposure to PSM work environment. Experience with environmental and industrial hygiene testing and reporting.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.