See all jobs in Columbia SC
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Quality Technician and CMM Operator2nd or 3rd shift CAMDEN SC
Reports to Quality Director
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- 50 plus years as a provider to the automotive and engine industry filtration and fluid management products
- State of the art products individually tailored to customer needs (OEM and aftermarket)
- Global Company - International presence at 9 locations in Europe, North America, South America and Asia / This location is the corporate and main manufacturing location in the US
- Growing Company with expanding product line
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Responsible for inspections on purchased parts, manufactured parts, finished goods and first articles within the processes of Incoming, In-Process and Final Inspections as well as stock audits. Inspection criteria will be based upon Engineering blueprints and standards, applicable specifications and departmental procedures to assure product quality. Communicate with respective departments and co-workers to resolve quality related issues. Inspection process includes documentation of findings, ensuring the identification & removal of materials found to be nonconforming, and coordination with internal customers to identify system non-conformances. The Quality Tech performs inspection using dimensional, functional, and visual attributes as required or specified.
- Group Medical Plan (Blue Cross Blue Shield) / Dental plus Voluntary Vision and FSA
- Basic Life / AD&D coverage / LTD and STD coverage
- 401K Plan as well as a Bonus Program based on Company Performance, Quality and Productivity
- PTO / Paid Holidays
- Provide assistance to operators & other production personnel with training for technical measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, dial bore gauges, optical measurement systems, & surface finish equipment.
- Inspection of Engineering prototypes, experimental parts, and samples from new customers
- Maintain and revise documentation as required
- Control movements of parts and paperwork to other areas, filing & processing of inspection documentation & records
- Experienced with operatingand programming a Ziess CMM machine with PC DMIS.
- Perform parts layout
- Use basic sampling techniques to validate product integrity
- Use blueprints, GD&T, and other basic methods to validate product quality
- Use hand measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.
- Apply Lean Concepts to troubleshoot processing issues
- Use SPC concepts and practices
- Use basic root cause analysis techniques when identifying problems
- High School Diploma or GED plus 5 or more years in a similar position OR 2+ years similar experience and an Associates degree in an applicable area of study (Technical training in a Quality Technology program preferred)
- 5 or more years relevant experience in Quality Assurance in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- PC-DMIS programming using CAD Models
- Strongly desire knowledge of Solid Works
- Good understanding of ISO 9001
- Must be able to load and run a CMM Machine
- Prefer experience with current Quality tools and concepts, including Lean / Six Sigma / ISO 9000 & TS16949.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification a plus, Desired: Certified Quality Technician (CQT)
- Good knowledge of GD&T (including the concept of true positions, concentricity, run-out, etc.) and Blueprint reading. Familiar with use of inspection sampling plans.
- Good knowledge in use of standard inspection tools such as micrometers, calipers, plug and ring gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, surface plate, Profilometer, and dial bore gauges
- Some Overtime and weekend work as needed
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.