Boutique interior design firm, specializing in residential, commercial and hospitality design, seeks a uniquely qualified, senior-level designer to join and help lead their team.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle for either residential, commercial or hospitality projects
- Maintain excellent client relationships from onboarding through project completion
- Direct design staff to complete work in accordance with project goals and requirements
- Assist in creating and developing 3D models, conceptual design materials, furnishings plans, client presentations, and budget spreadsheets, using appropriate software, i.e.
- Produce and source interior finishes, plumbing, lighting, hardware, etc., in various design styles, budgets and schedules, in coordination with architectural and engineering teams
- Present designs to project team, clients, contractors, etc.
- Sketch and/or draft furniture plans, elevations and details
- Research codes and ADA regulations on applicable projects
- Produce final CD sets as needed for both residential and commercial projects
- Enter client and project specific information using Studio Designer for FF&E item information, RFQs, ordering, proposals, etc.
- Coordinate with receiving warehouse and clients through all phases of a projects installation
- Assist in conducting construction administration and on-site visits
- Develop strong relationships with vendors, showrooms, galleries and artists
- Oversee general office up-keep with a small team: office organization, sample orders, library clean-up and general admin tasks
- Represent the company both internally and externally, always in accordance with company values and ethics
- Bachelors Degree (Masters Degree preferred) in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10-12 years of experience on high-end residential and/or commercial interior design projects
- Excellent SketchUp and AutoCAD skills (SketchUp Layout desired)
- Ability to hand sketch furniture plans, layouts and perspectives
- Ability to create industry standard CD sets preferably with AutoCAD & SketchUp Layout
- Ability to create presentations and marketing material in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Mastery of creating industry standard CD sets preferably using either AutoCAD & SketchUp Layout
- Proficiency with Studio Designer
- Proven ability to perform at a high level in all aspects of the full interior design production cycle
- Knowledge of custom furniture design materials and processes is desired (firm produces a great deal of custom work)
- Firm grasp of the business of interior design business and commitment to help the firm grow
- Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills the ability to communicate clearly and the ability to present designs and ideas successfully
- Strong collaborative attitude while working with other team members, clients and contractors
- High-level of integrity - willingness to make decisions - balanced and calm perspective
- Ability to represent the company in both persona and professionalism (this role works directly with the principal and other senior staff)
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
To apply for this Senior Interior Designer position, please submit your resume, your salary history where permitted by law, and your references, as outlined below.
All experience, references and statements related to your application or candidacy are presumed to be truthful and accurate and are subject to validation. Providing false or misleading information, or omitting relevant information, may be grounds for the withdrawal of any application or candidacy. References from former peers and colleagues, rather than the employer itself, may be deemed insufficient and additional information may be required. Design Management Company has sole and exclusive discretion to determine whether the information provided by a candidate is sufficient.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.