See all jobs in Montgomery AL
Job Location: Montgomery, AL
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Montgomery, Alabama (Relocation Assistance Available)
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and bonus potential.
Reporting to the Value Stream Manager of a $2B manufacturing company with household name recognition the Senior Manufacturing Engineer will improve and maintain manufacturing processes to produce machined and fabricated components for equipment used in hospitals and the medical industry world-wide.
- Lead and/or participate on project and improvement teams. Coordinate the efforts of engineers, technicians and other professionals of various disciplines/departments to design, develop, document and continuously improve product, equipment and processes.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the design, validation, and initial prove-out of all processes for assigned projects.
- Change, update and document changes required to ensure components are manufactured to current design requirements. While maintaining cost of components and assemblies at or below established targets.
- Interpret engineer drawings/documents for manufacturing. Communicate with the other plants as required, to support technology transfer. Coordinate with CNC Programmers, Tool & Die, Purchasing and any required subcontractors to produce components to meet project and schedule delivery dates. .
- Create/coordinate Bills of Material (BOM), and other documents required to support manufacturing processes. Process/implement engineering changes and product documentation per established schedules.
- Lead CAPA and continuous improvement projects. Participatein audits, investigations and tests. Evaluate internal and/or external manufacturing processes and technologies. Initiate and implement improvements to those processes.
- Support compliant process, failure investigations and material review boards.
- Validate new processes and products. Develop flow charts, validation protocols. Perform DOE, DFMA, process capability studies and PFMEA as required. Initiate and implement strategies for reducing cost, improving quality and productivity by applying lean and six sigma methodologies.
- Document all processes using AS400 and applicable Standard Work formats.
- Specify, identify, and justify, approvals for purchasing capital equipment to support Montgomery manufacturing processes.
- Perform root cause analyses for process failures, and implementing countermeasures to eliminate causes.
- Evaluate processes to identify and eliminate wastes and improve quality and productivity.
- Ensure that all processes and equipment comply with all applicable OSHA and FDA standards.
- Represent company with machine tool, tooling, gage, and other outside suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Advanced degree preferred).
- Component manufacturing experience involving machiningoperations.
- Excellent knowledge of machining, and machining tools and equipment.
- Proficiency in 3-D design software (Pro-E preferred).
- Understanding of Value Stream Mapping, JIT, Lean/Flow Manufacturing concepts.
- Strong understanding of statistics and SixSigma applications.
- Strong validation experience.
- Knowledge of sheet metal fabrication and welding processes.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Safety regulations.
- Proficiency in advanced manufacturing processes and automation technologies.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (Medical Devices experience preferred).
- Experience with design for manufacturability (DFM), reliability, and cost.
- Experience with tool design.
- Proficiency in MRP Systems.
Keywords: Component Manufacturing, CNC Machining, Metal Fabrication, 3-D Modeling, Pro-E,Value Stream Mapping, JIT, Lean / Flow Manufacturing,SixSigma,MRP Systems,Medical Devices,OSHA, Safety Regulations
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.