See all jobs in Richmond VA
Job Location: Richmond, VA
Refrigeration Corporate Engineer
- $20 Billion global foods manufacturer that has been in business for 50+ years has a newly created role for a Refrigeration Corporate Engineer
- This role will be based in the corporate office located in Richmond, VA
- They are hiring a Refrigeration Corporate Engineer that will be the subject matter expert (SME) for all ammonia needs for 52 plants world-wide
- Our client offers great benefits, stability, and growth potential. Past placements describe this company as a great place to grow your career while working for a good team and family-oriented environment
- Relocation assistance will be provided and sponsorship is not available
- SME for all functions necessary to ensure efficient plant operations associated with ammonia refrigeration systems
- Design new ammonia facilities, implement systems from scratch and maintain existing ammonia systems across 40+ plants nationwide and 10+ plants internationally.
- Lead project engineer for construction and design of new ammonia-based systems
- Interface with Directors of Operations, Engineers and Maintenance teams (supervisors and tradesmen) to ensure everyone is working together to manage and maintain a successful ammonia system
- Travel and support manufacturing operations to ensure ammonia systems are running efficiently and not impacting production efficiencies
- Develop, train and implement standard operating procedures
- Teach maintenance facility technicians with hands on explanation and coaching
- Recommend and plan for replacement parts and upgrading equipment.
- Partner with contractors and engineers for layout and capital projects
- Work with plants to maintain OSHA and Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations are maintained
- BS degree or equivalent work experience in ammonia refrigeration systems. Prefer a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or similar degree
- Certifications in the following are required: RETA Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator, International Institute of Ammonia Refrigeration ANSI/IIAR2 certification, Garden City Program Operator II certification, or similar ammonia training programs
- At least 3 years of experience in the foods manufacturing industry is required. Prefer refrigerated fresh products
- At least 3 years of experience with design, lead implementation, troubleshooting and managing refrigeration, chillers, ammonia and similar refrigeration systems
- Electrical experience and troubleshooting in low and high voltage circuits, motors, and controls.
- Experience with OSHA, PSM, FDA, AIB, USDA, GMP, HFC and HCFC is required
- Must have high-integrity, honest, self-motivated, excellent problem-solving skills and able to think pro-actively
- Open to at least 60% travel both domestic and international
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.