See all jobs in Austin TX
Job Location: Austin, TX
Seeking a talented Plant Manager to lead operations for a manufacturing plant north of Austin. This high-profile position reports directly to the companys Chief Operating Officer and has full ownership of daily plant operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Production & Maintenance:
- Maintain production schedule and finished product inventory to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate maintenance related activities (in house staff and outside contractors) to ensure the plant is operating efficiently and downtime is minimized.
- Manage capital projects to improve or replace equipment across the facility.
- Coordinate plant trials and subsequent evaluations for the improvement or development of products.
- Ensure good housekeeping throughout the facility and proper organization of raw materials/finished product.
- Manage Quality Control process including establishment of appropriate quality systems and personnel levels to ensure finished product meets all specifications.
- Collaborate with R&D Manager and Sales Managers to resolve quality related claims, and implement corrective actions.
- Analyze plant metrics and data to determine areas to improve and initiatives to reduce costs.
- Develop strategies to increase productivity while reducing plant labor costs via overtime and head count reduction.
- Eliminate waste and excess spending on plant expenses/supplies.
- Optimize finished product construction while reducing waste, and resolve negative raw material variances.
- Oversee the facilitys EH&S program, ensuring compliance with all OSHA, state, and local regulations.
- Maintain and submit all required environmental reporting.
- Implement new processes, procedures, and equipment to improve employee safety across the plant; and monitor plantwide adherence to safety procedures to ensure compliance.
- Work with the appropriate plant personnel and corporate office to manage all HR related issues.
- Enforce all company policies and oversee the implementation of disciplinary action and other personnel related decisions.
- Ensure required employee documentation is completed and maintained.
- 4-year degree Engineering, Business Management, or related field required
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment required; roofing industry strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a Plant Manager, Operations Manager, or similar role
- Experience managing safety programs or maintaining OSHA compliance
- Ability to develop production schedules to maximize efficiencies and on-time delivery
- Proven experience with Lean Manufacturing, continuous improvement, Six Sigma, or related methodologies and concepts. Certification(s) a plus.
- Able to troubleshoot and address quality issues.
- Demonstrated excellence and success in leadership, mentoring, team building, and coaching employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively with plant employees and all levels of management.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and familiar with MRP and ERP systems.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.