See all jobs in Cambridge OH
Job Location: Cambridge, OH
Operations Manager Construction & Trucking
Location: Cambridge, OH
Family owned Construction and Trucking Company is seeking the right individual to add to their growing and successful establishment as an Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager position will provide oversight and management of day to day dispatching, fleet maintenance and facility maintenance. The OM will report and maintain office hours at the main office and will report to the Companys President
- Have at least 7 years of experience in both fleet maintenance and operations management.
- Must have at least 2 years of formal training in diesel maintenance.
- Must have education in the areas of construction business management/transportation-logistics.
Essential Job Functions:
The OM must be able to:
- Work as part of a team in a high pressure environment (at times); must have a sense of humor and maintain a positive attitude.
- Be detail oriented and organized.Must have the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Must be fluent with computers and be able to utilize Microsoft Office and especially Excel spread sheets.As well as have the ability to learn new software programs.
- Must be a people person and be able to get along well with others.Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.Must be a leader and be able to motivate teammates, give assignments, follow-up to be sure assignments have been completed properly.
- Must be able to continually train teammates utilizing positive reinforcement techniques.Assist in the enforcement of Company policies.
- Ability to assess and evaluate employee skills and be able to make assignments accordingly.
- Be responsible for compliance with applicable FMCSA and OSHA rules and regulations.Maintain the fleet in a safe manner in compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and in accordance with Company standards.Assist in creating and improving Company standards.
- OM must have a strong understanding of the FMCSA & OSHA rules and regulations and possess the ability to research rules and regulations in applicable jurisdictions interpret and assist in training drivers and teammates on same to ensure that applicable rules and regulations are properly implemented and obeyed by all Company employees.
- Understand financial statements and cost analysis statements.Assist in preparation of same.
- OM will assist senior management in policy development in the areas of preventative maintenance, facility maintenance, fleet safety and overall business operations.
- Must have an understanding of the ODOT Permit system and be able to order permits if necessary.Willing to learn permit rules in other states, such as WV and PA.
- Be able to formulate, communicate and monitor progress of routes, schedules and general operations.
- Monitor all scheduled tasks to be sure they are completed on time and safely.
- Must be able to monitor driver HOS and anticipate issues ahead of time.
- Must be able to coordinate the work and schedule with outside supervisors.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of Electronic Logging Software.
- Have an understanding of how to organize and implement preventative maintenance schedules and effectuate the execution of the same.
- Must have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and assignments.
- Must be able to research and analyze technical manuals/professional periodicals or journals in the areas of fleet maintenance and operations management.
- Have the ability to assist in the diagnosis and repair of mechanical issues of heavy equipment, trucks, trailers and light vehicles.
- Ability to prepare or oversee preparation of maintenance records and related documentation.
- Must have an understanding of asset management techniques/costing.Assist in the development of productivity and efficiency metrics.
- Assist with driver and mechanic recruitment and onboarding including orientation and training.
- Be willing to work long hours including occasional weekends.
- Assist with any additional tasks as requested by senior management.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.