See all jobs in Columbia SC
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Benefits and Features:
Starting pay is $17.69, they review after 90 days and bump to $18.43 and then the qualified rate is $19.30. 30 cents shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift. They also PAY WEEKLY! Team Leaders are paid more.Group Medical plan, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K (matches 50 cent to the dollar up to 6%), LTD, PTO, Paid Holidays and more. There are 13 observed holidays and, at the beginning of the year, thereare twoweeks of vacation,two paid sick days andone day of no pay/no penalty. Prorated based on start date.
Our client has been in business internationally since 1929. This location is their major focus in the United States and part of their strategic international growth plan. They have a diversified client structure - manufacturing products for the likes of GM, Chrysler, Ford and Audi.
Why Join Their Team:
As they acquire more components to their equipment lines and bring in state-of-the-art machining processes, theres an array of upward mobility once a proven track record of knowledge and dependability are shown. It is the perfect opportunity for a person who wants to hop on the fast-track of a leading provider in brake design and production manufacturing.
Your role with the Company (Day-to-Day Duties):
Must Have Experience:
- Responsibility of up to nearly 20 machines a day where skilled, world-beater Machinists will check accuracy of parts by making use of CMMs and hard gauges. The majority are 4 - axis Chirons with Fanuc controls.
- Loads and unloads parts on a precise schedule and changes cutting tools so discipline and sense of urgency are a must
- Checking parts every 2 hours for accuracy and re-gauging whenever necessary to limit scraped parts or flaws in parts being sent out the door
- Spearhead machining issues by trouble-shooting, reading blueprints and diagnosing issues then changing out parts as necessary to keep production flow
- Becomes a wizard of their order entry system and document accurately and timely information into the system (ex. Documentation of scraps as well as damaged tooling)
- General house-keeping: internal and external cleaning of machining parts
- Ability to read blue prints
- CNC Milling experience. If you only have lathe, then that experience will not meet requirements
- Ability to use the metric and standard measurement systems
- Tool & Die Certification/Degree
- Machine Tool Technology Certification/Degree
- Previous automotive manufacturing experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Machine Tool Technology 2-year degree is preferred
- Must come from Manufacturing (automotive preferred) with at least 6 months of experience
- Experience with standing for long durations, working 2nd or 3rd shift and a proven track record for dependability
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.