See all jobs in Newburgh NY
Job Location: Newburgh, NY
Process Engineer/ Plant Engineer
Site located near Middletown - West Point- Warwick Newburgh NY (Full relocation benefits available)
Reasons this may be worth exploring:
Our client runs a profitable batch chemical manufacturing facility and they are in the process of modernizing and expanding.
This seems like an excellent opportunity for an up-and-coming engineer to contribute and grow.
- There is a capital budget to spend; much more fun than working in a plant that is cutting back. Through Business Development they have recently added customers and they were already in the process of modernizing.
- Working at a small site within a large multi $BB global company, youll have significant opportunity to diversify your engineering skills but with advancement opportunities not readily available in a single-site company.
- Reporting directly to the Operation Manger, who is a ChE and the Engineer on site, youll have a supportive mentor.
- The plant operates day shift only so there wont be overnight call-ins. There is some flexibility in your work hours, too.
- Expect competitive base pay with an additional annual bonus (that historically does pay out) plus medical, dental, and life insurances, a 401K matching program, paid vacation and great relocation benefits.
As the Plant Process Engineer, you will support production and lead continuous improvement efforts in a batch chemical manufacturing plant. This includes day-to-day production support, de-bottlenecking and process optimization, supporting plant expansion, and completing small capital project. As part of this work, the Process Engineer will also (eventually) interact regularly with the Maintenance Staff helping to set priorities. Youll be the Operation Manger primary technical resource on site.
Applicant Background Profile:
- Process optimization, de-bottlenecking and troubleshooting of existing processes.
- Evaluate equipment usage and improve up-time.
- Help solve existing manufacturing/quality problems.
- Recommend and complete improvement projects and implement expansion projects.
- Complete and manage capital projects from P&ID creation to equipment specification & purchasing though installation support and commissioning.
- Eventually, become an in-plant process expert and confer with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate solid management planning.
- Eventually, assist the Operations Manager with planning mechanical projects for the maintenance staff.
We are looking for individuals to interact with various plant employees (management and hourly maintenance/process staff) in a chemical processing plant setting.
- B.S. Chemical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
- 3- 10 years of engineering experience in a batch chemical manufacturing plant or a chemical mixing & blending plant.(The Operation Manager is open to people who are at the engineering apprentice level of their career.)
- Team orientated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Please note that troubleshooting plant problems is a primary requirement such that people who have been sitting behind a desk working exclusively in process design, wont likely be a good candidate for this opportunity.
- Authorized to work for any employer in the USA without restriction (no current or future restriction)
- Experience with process control systems is a plus (but is not required).
Footnote: Every individual who Ive sent to interview with this company has provided great feedback regarding the work environment, Management, and the company growth plans. Please apply to today to begin the process of exploring this opportunity.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.