See all jobs in Saint Louis MO
Job Location: Houston, TX
ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER - PROCESS CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
Client is seeking an Environmental Engineer who would be responsible for compliance-related activities in accordance with local, state, federal and company requirements. Research, design, plan, or perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental hazards using various engineering disciplines. Work may include waste treatment, site remediation, or pollution control technology. Client seeking someone who is on the upward move and who can grow within the organization.
Salary $80,000 - $90,000 Plus Bonus & Excellent Benefit & Relocation Programs
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, experts in law or business, or other specialists to address environmental problems.
- Determine and enforce -- through functional groups - regulatory requirements in accordance with company needs.
- Assist in the execution of plant internal regulatory audits
- Assist in audits by regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for corrective and preventive actions arising from incident investigations involving permit exceedances
- Responsible for compliance-related activities, including all regulatory reporting.
- Design, or supervise the design of, systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality.
- Coordinate or manage environmental protection programs or projects, assigning or evaluating work.
- Advise industries or government agencies about environmental policies and standards.
- Prepare hazardous waste manifests or land disposal restriction notifications.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air, water, or land.
- Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, training staff, or performing other general administrative duties.
Salary $80,000 - $90,000 Plus Bonus & Excellent Benefit & Relocation Programs to a Southern USA metro area. Charming neighborhoods give the city a small town feel, but you have all the amenities of the Big City with restaurants, events, festivals, art exhibits, & museums from the traditional to the funky. There is great shopping & eating from groovy little cafes to microbreweries. Several professional & college teams will feed your sports need. There are great neighborhoods, historical places, museums, theaters, and daily live music happening somewhere. Enjoy the parks & landmarks & other wonderful outdoor spaces. The quieter burbs offer excellent housing locations with access to successful public & private schools. You can live your life completely in the burbs or even go a bit further into the country & nestle in a treed lot. Travel into the metro for work. So much to do in this great area that the entire family will be happy.
Requirements for this Chemical Engineer role:
TO APPLY: Email resumes to THIS EMAIL OR teriATaustinallenDOTcom in MS Word or PDF (please remove the capital letters and replace with proper symbols). **Resumes sent with a link to an online resume or a video resume will not be considered. ** All Interview, relocation, & fee expenses paid by companies. Excellent compensation packages, benefits, perks, and generous relocation packages.
- Technical Bachelor Degree; preferably Environmental, EHS, Chemical or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of broad technical/environmental experience, of which at least two to three years should be in a manufacturing/operations industry
- Detailed familiarity with environmental compliance processes (CAA, CWA, RCRA, SARA, EPCRA, RMP, NPDES, Industrial Discharge permit, Title V)
- Experience with small/medium capital projects
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is required, and in the chemical industry a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office products
Some Facts You Should Know About Austin-Allen Company...
*Successfully recruiting professionals since 1973.
*One of the most successful firms in the U.S. We consistently rank in the top percentile of a large national network of Technical Recruiters.
*Many of our staff are national award winning consultants with years experience and are C.P.C.s (Certified Personnel Consultants).
Areas of Specialization...
* Engineering * Six Sigma Black Belts * Accounting * Distribution * Human Resources
* Materials / Purchasing * Quality Engineers & Managers * Manufacturing Management
Stay current with our blog at www.austinallen.com/blog/
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.