See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Lead Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls
Summary of theLead Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
Lead level Hardware Engineer with Brake Controls experience is needed to play a vital role in thedevelopment of brake electronics (power electronics) and to guideless-experienced team members in the team. Our this client is aa leader in advanced vehicle safety systems.This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. They are working with the latest and greatest innovations in the automotive field such as active safety, brake-by-wire, and automated driving.
Responsibilities of theLead Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
- Leading/mentoring less-experienced engineers.
- Component selection and analysis (Monte Carlo, worst case etc.) to fulfill hardware requirements.
- Schematic capture and circuit simulation.
- Interface with ECAD for PCB layout with compliance to EMC & manufacturing design rules.
- Control and release component BOM.
- Work with Product Assurance group to develop test specifications and assist in troubleshooting.
- Interface with suppliers for development of component specifications, resolving open issues and ensure part availability for design milestones.
- Oead design reviews with peers and Technical Specialists.
- Design change tracking and develop interface specifications.
Qualifications of theLead Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Engineering required, MS preferred
- Min. 10+ years of experience withmixed signal circuit design & analysis (automotive background is a plus).
- MUST HAVE experience with lower power (1-2KW), low-voltageelectronics.
- Experience in FET drivers for power or motor applications is a must.
- Excellent knowledge ofanalog circuit design for ECU control modules includingPower supply, micro, and I/O circuits etc.
- Ability to design circuits from scratch.
- Well versed withsketching out basic analog circuit topologies on the white board forPower Supplies,FET /Transistor circuits, Inductor/Solenoids.
- Strong knowledge of basics of voltages, currents and component ratings, etc.
- Experience and familiarity with microcontrollers and electronic component technologies is essential. Familiarity in ASIC development and/or testing is a plus.
- Experience in design and analysis for FMEA is required.
- Strong problem solving skills to aid in analysis and troubleshooting of electronic products
- Knowledge of serial communication tools, such as CANalyzer is preferred.
- Experience with office productivity applications such as MS Excel is required, VBA experience is an advantage.
Compensation of theLead Hardware Engineer - Brake Controls:
Salary Range: $115,000-128,000/year, based on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -BS, "B.S.", Bachelors, Bachelor,Electrical, "Computer Engineering", "mixed signal circuit", "circuit design", FET, "analog circuit design", ECU, "Power supply",topologies, "Transistor circuit",Inductor,Solenoids,voltage,microcontrollers, ASIC, FMEA,CANalyzer,VBA
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.