See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Hardware Validation EngineerFarmington,MI
Summary of theHardware Validation Engineer Job :
Hardware Validation Engineer with active safety experience is required to play a vital role as a Product Assurance Engineer for one of our clients based in Michigan area. Our this client is aleader in advanced vehicle safety systems.In this position, youll be responsible for ensuring that a product is tested to meet functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, developmental, DV, PV, and In-Process (IP) testing.This is a solid, stable company that offers you an opportunity to work on exciting new technologies. If you have experience with DV/PV, EMC Testing along with Active Safety, then this could be a well suited opportunity for you.
Responsibilities of theHardware Validation Engineer:
- Planning and conducting design assessments, inspections, and reviews of assigned products and requirements.
- DVT and Design and/or Process Validation Plans (DVP, PVP). Negotiate start and completion dates, schedule testing, and seek customer approval for plans and timing.
- Define test equipment (quote vendors, select vendors, and procure test equipment).
- Ensure capability and performance of all test equipment and facilities.
- Develop EMC test plans and seek necessary customer approvals. Coordinate/support EMC testing.
- Generate, release, and update Engineering Specifications, support manufacturing in-process test development, application, and optimization.
- Generate developmental, design, and/or process validation reports (DVP&R, PVP&R).
- Initiate and support any test issue 8Ds and work with project teams through issue resolution.
- Work on Design, Process ValidationKey-Life, design characterization and limit/margin testing.
- Collaborate with Design teams forFMEA and requirements traceability development.
- Ensure that Safety protocols (i.e. TS16949, ISO17025) are followed in the process.
Qualifications of theHardware Validation Engineer:
Compensations of theHardware Validation Engineer:
- BSEE and 3+ years of experience in automotive electronic hardware testing.
- Solid knowledge of analog and digital hardware at the circuit level, with the ability to find and correct issues.
- MUST HAVE experience with ACTIVE SAFETY
- Experience with DV/PV, EMC Testing an debugging is required.
- Good experience in electronic test equipment, with the ability to develop and troubleshoot it.
- Experience developing test tools is a plus.
- Experience with validation planning (DVP, PVP), validation reports (DVP&R, PVP&R), and engineering support.
- Candidate should be skilled with CAN and SPI (digital communication protocols used in automotive)
- Experience in validating Restraints controller will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Labview is preferred.
Salary Range: $75,000-92,000/year, depending on experience
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - BS, "B.S", Bachelor, Bachelors, Engineer, engineering, automotive, vehicles, Electronic,"End of line, End-of-line, EOL, test equipment, validation, proof of concept, calibration,DVP, PVP,DVP&R, PVP&R,electronic, hardware, testing, Process, Circuits, EMC, Electromagnetic, CAN , SPI,DVT,Process Validation Plans, 16949. 17025,Labview, "Restraints controller", "Active Safety"
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.