See all jobs in Fort Wayne IN
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Product Applications Engineer
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Commensurate with experience.
Reporting the the VP of Sales, Marketing and Engineering of a growing multi-national manufacturer serving major OEM customers, the Product Applications Engineer will design products dealing with industrial control mechanical systems. The position will work directly with customers, suppliers and other departments to provide timely solutions to customer's needs. Known for their high quality products, custom design capabilities and flexible manufacturing our client is a leader in their market and has developed a customer base that relies on them as a preferred supplier for mission critical applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop designs based upon interpretation of customer specifications, drawings and requirements.
- Verify the appropriate standards, practices and designs have been employed to meet the customer applications and needs.
- Design components and assemblies with consideration of the limitations of materials, equipment and process capability, practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.
- Transition products throughout their lifecycle to assure maximum longevity and profitability.
- Implement continuous design improvements with the development of new materials and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop new technological solutions, conceptual and detailed designs and employ those to create the documents necessary for prototyping, testing, and production.
- Develops new and unique approaches to complex problems and advance technology beyond previous company involvement.
- Plans/develops engineering projects concerned with unique or high-profile problems which have important effect on major organization programs.
- Identifies and procures the appropriate process equipment.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of major scope.
- Maintains liaison with individuals and business units within or outside his/her organization with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to his/her field.
- Subject matter expert in engineering specialty/application.
- Perform design validation and verification testing.
- Write technical volumes and support materials.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience in the design of mechanical products.
- Experience working with customers.
- 3D modeling experience.
- Excellent communications skills and a high degree of professionalism.
- Advanced problem solving skills, and ability to accomplish tasks through others.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience with ERP Systems (SAP preferred).
Keywords: Mechanical Applications Engineer, Mechanical Engineering,3D Modeling,SolidWorks,Industrial Control Mechanical Systems, Technical Leadership, Customer Savvy, Mechanical Product Design.
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.