See all jobs in Tampa FL
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Tesinc, LLC is looking for an experienced GIS Technician Specialist to be located in our Tampa, FL office. The GIS Technician Specialist will be utilizing this technology in telecommunications fiber management.
If you have experience utilizing GIS in the telecom field, we want to talk to you!
- Follow standard organizational practices and guidelines
- Conduct research to locate and obtain existing databases
- Analyze spatial data for geographical statistics to incorporate into documents and reports
- Design and update Network database, applying additional knowledge of spatial feature representations
- Understanding of Data structure in AutoCAD to GIS and creating various feature Clas Datasets
- Advanced knowledge with Geodatabases, SQL, Arcgisonline and Pytho will be a plus
- Ability to read and interpret underground and aerial telecom facilities records on maps and fielding notes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio), Google Earth
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Analytical skills The ability to solve problems using various GIS Software (ArcGIS Online, QGIS, MAPInfo, Global Mapper and ArcMAP)
- GIS data gathering skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and make sound decisions using information at hand
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Programming skills and Exel skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Requires advanced knowledge in GIS and 3+ years job related experience or degree in related field
- Must have prior telecom experience
- Fiber design including fiber to the home, cell site, node and/or hub is preferred
About Tesinc, LLC
Tesinc, LLC, founded in 1966, has provided quality engineering, drafting and technical services for over four decades to support some of Americas largest telecommunications and information companies.
Tesinc, LLC is a subsidiary of Dycom Industries, Inc. a major U.S. corporation listed on the NYSE as DY. Dycom Industries, Inc., founded in 1969 and headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, is one of North Americas largest telecommunications and electrical services companies. The Dycom family of companies currently serves over 100 different customers in 44 states and employs over 11,000 professionals.
Our corporate office, located in Tampa, FL, is a 25,000 sq ft facility that is fully equipped with the latest computer hardware and software.
Tesinc, LLC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. A wide range ofbenefitchoices is available for our employees and their families, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, 401(k) retirement savings plans, stock purchase plans and more.
- Medical/Prescription Plans -Three medical plan options which include prescription drug benefits.
- Dental Plans - Two dental insurance options - a high option plan that covers most dental treatments along with diagnostics and preventive care; and a low option plan that covers the basic diagnostics and preventive care.
- Group Vision Plan -A PPO plan where participating doctors provide eye exams and substantial discounts for services and materials.
- Flexible Spending Account -Benefit allows pre-tax dollars to be contributed annually to a reimbursement account for you and your family members' qualified healthcare expenses (up to $2,500) and dependent care expenses (up to $5,000).
- Retirement Savings Plans - 401(K) - Once eligible, employees have the option to invest 1%-75% of their salary. The company will match a portion of this investment.
- Stock Purchase Plan -Allows employees to purchase company stock through payroll deductions.
- Short & Long Term Disability -Groups rates for disability insurance benefits which will replace a portion of your income due to illness or injury.
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance - Life and AD&D insurance at group rates.
- Company Discounts
- Legal Services Insurance -Access to legal professionals at favorable rates.
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursementup to $7500 per calendar year.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check and have a valid Drivers License.
Only qualified applicants authorized to work in the U.S. will be considered.
Hiring now! Apply today!
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.