See all jobs in Springfield TN
Job Location: Springfield, TN
The Furnace Engineer is responsible for achieving and maintaining optimum process performance in the batch and furnace and forming areas while producing quality glass. The Furnace Engineers primary focus is to continually increase efficiencies in all areas of the process. He/she is also responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the hot end processes and to ensure quality production at world class efficiencies. Duties include:
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned manufacturing processes as well as safety, productivity and quality.
- Maximizes furnace life through inspections, repairs and maintenance as sell as proper operational control.
- Orders and inventories supplies needed to maintain furnace.
- Trains, develops and works with furnace techs to ensure stable and consistent furnace operations.
- Trials new raw materials and gathers data to support or disprove merit.
- Monitor the condition of all equipment and initiate necessary repairs needed to meet performance and production goals.
- Ensure melting temperature profile is maintained to ensure high glass quality.
- Maintain and troubleshoot system from batch unloading, mixing, transport and charging through the furnace.
- Maintain proper gas to oxygen ration in the furnace.
- Keep and input all batch formulas. Verify calibration on batch weighing system.
- BS Chemical, Ceramic, Materials Science or equivalent required.
- At least 4-10+ years hands-on furnace experience in a glass plant.
- Working knowledge of SPC and six sigma methodology.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft applications.
- Self-directed team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
This 24X7 glass plant runs at full-capacity and is in the process of expanding the facility to increase production.
- Very stable company. There has never been a furlough or layoff in the history of the company.
- Extremely well-maintained plant. Very clean and a lot of reinvesting for capital improvements.
- Safety is number one to this company.
- Excellent working atmosphere. The Plant Manager believes in teamwork, respecting the team who works there and in continually striving to improve. The employees work as a team and care about each other.
- Low Cost of living area.
- Non-union plant.
The plant is located in a medium sized town with a lot of activities ranging from a variety of restaurants and a major mall and other shopping, to cultural activities and art galleries, to Civil War attractions to a beautiful Winery. This is a beautiful part of the country with a lot of recreational activities for the out of doors type person including hiking, fishing, a natural cave to explore and more. There are excellent school systems from preschool through high school as well as a State University. The housing in this area is very affordable.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.