See all jobs in Boston MA
Job Location: Boston, MA
Weve been engaged by a mission driven education & technology client in Boston to help further build out their technology teams. Were searching for a technologist with a mix of UX Design and Development skills that enjoys both the creative and pragmatic responsibilities that come with web/applications design and development. This is a new Front End Development role that will be building tools, applications and systems that will enhance user and internal employees experiences. This small, financially stable company is experiencing strong/comfortable growth and adding talent to help keep up with the product demand. Along with professional growth and development that comes with joining this small (110 employees) growing company, employees also receive a competitive salary, year-end bonus, great insurance benefits as well as 401K plan with company match.
Front End Developers work closely with the product team to build consistent intuitive user experiences across the entire suite of tools and products. Enhancements will allow for quicker training and shorten the product learning curve. Utilizing a suite of powerful front-end tools including Angular, Knockout, Redux, Node and other front end tools/technologies, developers will have a direct and immediate impact to the product and company growth.
Responsibilities includes a mix of the following:
- Help define front-end technology, best practices and UX vision
- Own and maintain internal UI component libraries and style guides
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers to develop elegant, reusable design components for all products;
- Collaborate with technology and creative peers in design reviews, pair programming and code reviews
- Experience (and interest) working with wireframes and mockup
- Developers should have a UX background, empathy and intuitiveness to understand users.
- Appreciation for clean, pragmatic and effective software designs
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully deliver under agreed upon timelines
- 3+ years of professional development experience building web based SAAS applications and products
- Start Up and/or smaller team experiences preferred
- Interest in taking on more product ownership & impact
- Knowledge of responsive, cross-browser compatibility strategies and related debugging tools.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous role that works both independently and collaboratively
- Experience working with compiled CSS frameworks and integrated development environments
- Experience with source control platforms such as SVN, Git, etc.
- Understanding of web page and component display principles using AJAX, partial updates, and asynchronous request handling.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.