See all jobs in Odessa TX
Job Location: Odessa, TX
Process Control Engineer
Location:Odessa, TX, US, 79762
The Process Control System Engineer maintains and improves process control functions for the gas transmission systems feeding the gas plant. The individual will support, develop, coordinate, and/or lead activities that will meet manufacturing and cost optimization for gas processes and projects.
- Lead by example and coach safety to others
- Facilitate the maintenance of the process control system
- Provide guidance on control systems hardware and software design, reliability, and performance
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting assistance to plant personnel as needed.
- Be available to assist or lead E/I Technicians in analyzing, troubleshooting, and repair of failed controls and instrumentation.
- Gather information, analyze, and communicate analysis of control systems and equipment with the intent to improve understanding, improve efficiencies, reduce costs, or improve throughput.
- Participate in project development, approval, implementation, and management, as needed.
- Lead EE and controls project development.
- Provide support to the operations team (loop tuning , code troubleshooting, alarm management)
- Manage updates to Electrical and Control Systems Drawings
- Manage historian software and databases
- Manage SQL databases and user interfaces
- Be available to work weekend/night duty as required
- Be available after hours to provide technical and leadership assistance, including startups.
- Keep management informed on activities and accomplishments.
- Able to meet internal customer requirements and maintain good communication
- Actively develop good team relationships
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
- Individual must be able and willing to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Individual must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Individual must be able to lift and carry 40 Lbs.
- Noise level can be in excess of 90 dB.
- Heat can be in excess of 100 F.
5+ years of Process Control/Electrical/Control Systems Engineering or respective experience
BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, or Equivalent Experience
- Technical knowledge of power systems and distribution
- Technical knowledge of the fundamentals of controls engineering and controls systems
- Basic knowledge of the various types of pressure, level, temperature, and flow instrumentation
- Skilled in control algorithm implementation of Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC hardware/software preferred
- Experience with query, design, and management of Microsoft and Oracle databases
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.