BOARD OF STARK COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
FACILITIES ASSISTANT MANAGER
The Board of Stark County Commissioners is now accepting applicants for a Facilities Assistant Manager. This is an unclassified exempt position responsible for assisting the Facilities Manager in the operation of the Facilities Department.
A sample of illustrative duties include:
- Assist with the coordination of daily departmental activities surrounding custodial and maintenance demands, assign work and projects accordingly;
- Perform routine inspections of County-owned facilities to assess maintenance and custodial needs;
- Responsible for understanding the scope of all building electrical, plumbing and mechanical requirements;
- Responsible for maintenance of departmental vehicles;
- Review and evaluate projects in progress for contract compliance and quality control;
- Create requests for proposals and negotiate contract/vendor proposals;
- Hire, train, motivate and evaluate personnel; administer corrective action/discipline as needed;
- Assist the Manager with managing the departmental budget;
- Assist with the development of departmental policies regarding safety and personnel;
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred. One (1) year minimum of management experience is required. Preference may be shown to those with added education and/or experience.
- Experience with HVAC systems, electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, safety and general building maintenance is also required.
- Must have a valid State of Ohio driver’s license and be insurable under the County’s automobile policy.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for the position has been set at $21.15/hr--$26.44/hr. This position is eligible for health, dental and vision insurance and OPERS retirement benefits.
Applicants will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Stark County Facilities Department
Attn: Dory Jenkins
110 Central Plaza South, Suite 105
Canton, Ohio 44705
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.