SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
The Quality Engineer is responsible for leading all aspects of customer, supplier and plant quality including initial launch activities (APQP/PPAP) as well as current production concerns. The roles and responsibilities listed are not meant to be all inclusive.
- Supports and ensures compliance with the current Hanon Business and Quality Operating Systems.
- Monitors plant launch activities including but not limited to APQP, run at rate, PPAP documentation review/approval/submission, and safe launch approval focused on customer requirements.
- Support and follow up at problem solving teams focused on customer issues which includes coordinating containment actions, determining root cause and define/implementing robust permanent corrective actions (ensure compliance to Hanons 8D process)
- Manages supplier and in-plant quality issues to ensure that conforming product is available for production lines and ensures effective problem solving is implemented on identified quality problems.
- Monitors status and processes associated with measurement result output, tool calibration program, measurement system analysis (Gauge R&R, stability, linearity and bias), parts testing (DV,PV, IP) and quality controls feedback from technicians.
- Knowledge of AIAG Quality standards (i.e. .DFMEA, PFMEA, CP, PPAP etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical tools - six sigma greenbelt or Black Belt certification preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A history of focusing on customer expectations/deliverables as well as continuous process improvement.
- Possess expertise in manufacturing process/ quality systems and working with quality documentation, including PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Experience working with TS16949.
3 - 5 years experience in manufacturing processes/ quality systems
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering; Masters Degree strongly preferred