SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary technical resource/authority in for Manufacturing and assembly.
- Interface with Product Development on Design changes for the plant.
- Lead equipment selection, installation, launch, service and training.
- Respond to quality concerns with 8Ds and customer support.
- Schedule calibrations for the plant.
- Participate in capacity planning.
- Establish and confirm plant maintenance schedule.
- Support pre-production and PPAP builds.
- Design equipment and modifications taking into consideration the function, safety and ergonomics, reliability/maintainability and economics required using standardized global processes and equipment.
- Lead all documentation requirements including PFMEA, Control Plans, and operator instructions.
- Coordinate PV testing required.
- Develop new program launch budgets and plans.
- Develop and maintain process state and flow maps.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Mfg/ME
- 3-5 years of Automotive Manufacturing Assembly experience
- Experience with and detailed knowledge of all processes and equipment
- Thorough knowledge of:
- Time study estimates / balance of Direct / Indirect labor & overhead.
- Interpretation and implementation of one piece flow, constraint management, and automation tradeoffs for optimal manufacturing efficiency.
- Lean manufacturing principles and disciplines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to interface effectively with product development, other manufacturing locations, and equipment and tooling suppliers.