Career Opportunity: Maintenance Manager Massillon, OH
Your Career Begins at Shearer's Foods, LLC! Shearer's Foods is the largest producer of private label of salty snacks, crackers and cookies in North America and the largest producer of kettle cooked potato chips in the world. Shearer's Millennium Plant in MASSILLON, OHIO is seeking associates who are eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment.
The Maintenance Manager will serve as a technical adviser for the Millennium Leadership Team. This position will lead the maintenance team in implementing a coherent maintenance and reliability strategy aimed at reducing breakdowns and extending manufacturing equipment life.This position will be responsible for providing technical leadership in support of lean manufacturing objectives, and ensuring full utilization of all maintenance information systems. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Direct the efficient maintenance and improvement, installation, and safe operation of food processing equipment in compliance with company, State, and Federal policies; procedures, and regulations including OSHA, FDA, SQF, AIB, EPA, GMP, NFPA, NEC and other code and regulatory agencies.
- Work with the operations team to establish production line operating metrics such as efficiencies, up time and reliability.
- Provide Technical support (related to reliability / maintenance services) for all production equipment throughout the facility.
- Assure lines are mechanically capable of meeting standard operating rates and reliability, and improve up time and reliability for all lines.
- Identifies and develops plans to improve equipment designs or department procedures to maximize asset availability.
- Drives Plant asset integrity and reliability program, including proactive maintenance programs, such as predictive maintenance programs, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), maintenance scheduling, root cause analysis, improvement through Lean Six Sigma techniques and other best practices.
- Optimize cost through effective budget planning and management. Identify and implement cost saving ideas for facility maintenance.
- Interface with vendors and contractors providing services to the facility to ensure company needs are met.
- Interface with associates in manufacturing, warehouse, planning, engineering, QA and other departments or improvement teams as needed as a technical resource.
- Responsible for a team of 30 technicians including performance and compensation management, training, coaching, discipline and career development.
- Performs other job-related projects, duties and assignments as directed by Plant Management. Other duties may be assigned due to business needs or special circumstances which may require reassignment to other departments or other job duties.
Desired Technical/Functional Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing or project engineering, preferably in the food processing and consumer packaged goods industries
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory and people management experience
- TPM and CMRP preferred with asset management best practices
- Significant hands on experience in leading maintenance teams.
- Significant record of achievement with regard to lean manufacturing support, continuous improvement, and breakdown reduction.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to perform data manipulation and analysis usingMicrosoft Office suite.
- Applicable systems and software knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a culture of accountability and teamwork.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related with at least 8 years experience with industrial maintenance supervision and management (preferably in food processing); OR
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related with at least 5 years experience with industrial maintenance supervision and management (preferably in food processing); OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in management (preferably in food processing).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to sit and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Shearers Snacks is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation Apply now
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.