The company will only consider candidateseligible to work in the US as a US Citizen or has a US Green Card. Thecompany is not interested in providing ansponsorship for candidates.
The Supply Chain Solutions Engineer is responsible for identifying process and/or design improvements within the supply chain to make the companymore efficient and profitable. Manages capital procurement process for projects within the Supply Chain. Provides technical and project management support for projects within the Supply Chain Engineering Solutions program which Optimizes the Supply Chain from end-to-end and enablescustomers to reduce their cost to serve.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify new process improvement opportunities and/or design improvements to existing equipment or DClayout.
- Provides IE support through DCnetwork initiatives in which projects are identified, quantified and tested at a pilot location then implemented throughout the network.
- Works to identify material handling equipment for process improvements to ensure most effective and efficient logistics processes.
- Performs cost-benefit analysis to evaluate financial feasibility of potential projects, process improvements, or material handling equipment.
- Supports the Supply Chain Engineering Solutions program that builds upon the Fuel Potential strategy to Optimize the Entire Supply Chain and enablescustomers to reduce their cost to serve.
- Works with the Supply Chain Organization to drive capital expenditure deployments for the logistics network.
- Prepares, reviews, submits, and tracks capital deployment requests from the field.
- Creates, tracks, and approves purchase orders and invoices for capital expenditures.
- Conducts cross-functional meetings in support of initiatives to develop key measures of success and monitor performance against these measures.
- Develops and documents Standard Cost Data for use in cost-benefit analysis.
- Ensures network fleet of lift equipment is optimized in terms of application, usage, and age.
- Maintains AutoCAD files for the logistics network and provides AutoCAD support to the Supply Chain Engineering Organization.
- Fosters the CompanyCulture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of the company's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering is required.
- Minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing/distribution or Supply Chain Engineering environment required.
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma, or related methodologies is a plus.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Understanding of material handling equipment and distribution technology required.
- Excellent data manipulation skills are required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills required
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.