See all jobs in Tucker GA
Job Location: Tucker, GA
Under the general supervision, the GIS Senior will use industry recognized software to design, implement and
maintain a geographic information system including data base design and system interface for city facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain/ manage GIS databases (SOE, file geodatabases)
- Create and manage GIS services, including geometries, geocoding, and feature services
- Create/ modify schemas
- Conduct complex analysis in a variety of projects ranging from network analysis to Address Matching for trouble calls
- Provide specifications for software and hardware to facilitate the needs of the City regarding GIS.
- Coordinate directly with all departments to develop and maintain specific GIS data and analysis.
- Conduct GIS data capture using global positioning equipment and other means
- Develop comprehensive documentation on all aspects of GIS.
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree in GIS, Geography, or closely related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in GIS
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing GIS databases and services
- Excellent knowledge of ArcGIS, AutoCad, Windows and networking components.
- -Knowledge of implementing an ever changing, interactive GIS.
- Knowledge of Logical Data Modeling and relational databases.
- Knowledge of cartography and surveying techniques.
- Good working knowledge of PC's, mobile devices and peripherals.
- Ability to develop GIS standards in operations and database design.
- Ability to interface different systems like ArcGIS, AutoCad, MS Office databases, etc.
- Ability to operate GPS equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not unlawfully discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. Our company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background checks and drug screen.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit; walk, talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.