Process Engineer Glass Manufacturing - Springfield, TN
The Process Engineer is responsible for achieving and maintaining optimum process performance in the fiber forming area while producing quality fiber glass within customer specifications. The primary focus of the process engineer is toward continuous improvement in all areas of the process including efficiency, production, quality, and cost. Duties include:
- Utilizes SPC methods and techniques to eliminate special cause and reduces common cause variation while striving for continuous improvement.
- Conducts production trials with both product and or process improvement studies that support continued improvement efforts.
- Ensures customer satisfaction through process control and standardization.
- Writes and maintains job instructions, process setup sheets and process check sheets utilizing coach and primary employee feedback.
- Initiate cost reduction ideas into the fiberglass melting and forming process to further the goal of being the safest, high quality, low cost fiberglass producer.
- Directs multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizes of completion of projects according to company objectives. Documentation of projects and process changes are communicated and updated.
- Maximizes production efficiency. Identifies opportunities for productivity improvements and takes appropriate action. Optimizes existing processes and products.
- Accountable for the overall operation of the forming level from the bushing block to the pack out scales.
- Maximizes production efficiency. Identifies opportunities for productivity improvements, new equipment, and processes, and takes appropriate action. Optimizes existing processes and products thru trials and testing.
- Initiates, supports, and follows through on process optimization.
- Monitor the condition of all equipment on the forming level and initiate necessary repairs needed to meet performance and production goals.
- BS in engineering or technical field required.
- At least 5+ years hands-on manufacturing experience.
- Glass manufacturing a plus
- Green Belt or Black Belt Six Sigma certification.
Why work here:
This 24X7 glass plant runs at full-capacity and is in the process of expanding the facility to increase production.
- State of the art production facility built in 2006.
- Very stable company. There has never been a furlough or layoff in the history of the company.
- Extremely well-maintained plant. Very clean and a lot of reinvesting for capital improvements.
- Safety is number one to this company.
- Excellent working atmosphere.Teamwork is part of their cultural values. Culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
- Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, vacation, paid holidays, 401K, relocation assistance, etc.
- Low Cost of living area. No state, city or county taxes.
- Non-union plant.
The plant is located in a medium sized town about 45 minutes from Nashville, TN with a lot of activities ranging from a variety of restaurants and a major mall and other shopping, to cultural activities and art galleries, to Civil War attractions to a beautiful Winery. This is a beautiful part of the country with a lot of recreational activities for the out of doors type person including hiking, fishing, a natural cave to explore and more. There are excellent school systems from preschool through high school as well as a State University. The housing in this area is very affordable.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.