See all jobs in Oklahoma City OK
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Position: Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: With over 65 years of manufacturing experience weserve the Wire & Cable Industry in all segments such as: Telecommunications, Power, Hose, Pipe, Tube, and Wire Rope industries. We build their strengths in design and application engineering, and the wealth of experience, knowledge and data built up over six decades of designing coiling, spooling and winding equipment for flexible materials. We are experiencing significant growth and have doubled in revenues over the last 3 years. While projecting to double again by 2020.
We appreciate our employees by providing:
Your unique role with the company: Reports directly the Engineering Manager
- Competitive base salary
- Great Advancement Opportunity
- 401K up to 6%
- Full benefits
You will be responsible for designing and developing the electrical control systems that drive custom built OEM machinery. Responsible to design, develop, test, lead, and manage electrical engineering projects in support of new product development and changes to existing products. You will interface with mechanical engineers and designers to ensure that the mechanisms designed can be controlled and that the control elements can be integrated into the mechanisms. Within this role you will have interface with customers and vendors/suppliers regarding project specifications. You will select control components to minimize cost will programming PLC, HMI and other intelligent devices for control of industrial equipment.
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Qualifications: BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Must have 5+ years of experience in electrical controls. Preferably in the design of industrial equipment.
- Proficient with PLC programming for industrial machinery, primarily with Allen Bradley products. (Siemens products a plus)
- HMI Programming experience for industrial machinery Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, IDEC, Red Lion
- Proficient with AutoCAD Electrical (SolidWorks Electrical experience a plus) and experience in designing and creating the following
- Electrical Schematics
- Control panel layouts
- Machine wiring diagrams
- Pneumatic schematics and design (is a plus)
- Hydraulic schematics and design (is a plus)
- Familiarity with national and international electrical and safety standards is a plus
- NFPA 70 (NEC)
- NFPA 79
- CE / European Safety standard
- UL 508A
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.