See all jobs in Elkhart IN
Job Location: Elkhart, IN
Are you an experienced Quality Control Engineer looking for an excellent company to make a difference?
If so this job is for you! As the Quality Control (QC) Engineer will be responsible for planning and directing activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
- Diagnoses system problems and recommends solutions.
- Participates in the definition and design of new systems and enhancements.
- Participate in customer and regulatory agency audits
- Interfaces with procurement, engineering, manufacturing, customer, or vendors to coordinate and resolve quality-related problems.
- Train internal personnel in QA program requirements
- Initiate and close corrective actions
- Work independently to organize and schedule work to meet commitments and shipment goals
- Schedule customer source inspection
- Maintain quality records
- Provides computerized status report describing progress and concerns related to inspection activities, nonconforming items, and/or other items related to the quality of the process, material, or product.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the latest codes and new developments in testing and examination methods of processes, materials, and products.
- Be able to utilize problem solving skills to determine root cause and implement corrective actions and or preventative actions.
- Be able to design and prepare process improvements to include existing product and or new product.
- Create and present key metrics that monitor customer as well as internal processes.
- Proficient Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to make independent decisions using good judgment, thorough knowledge and proven record of utilizing disciplined problem-solving methods and tools
- Bachelors degree relevant field or equivalent required
- 5+ years quality engineering experience
- 3+ years supplier quality improvement
- 3+ years process improvement
- Extensive knowledge with practical application of AIAG tools: APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, CAP
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.