See all jobs in Walla Walla WA
Job Location: Walla Walla, WA
Applications Engineering Supervisor
Walla Walla, WA
Commensurate with experience.
70 year old world leader in food processing technology is seeking an Applications Engineering Supervisorto lead the Applications Engineering group, which partners with Sales to demonstrate food processing equipment capabilities to prospective customers. The Company incorporates leading edge electronic, mechanical, optical and software technologies to provide increased control, continuous processing and longer machine life to their customers. The company culture fosters technical innovation and continuous learning where employees can build on their technical knowledge to become experts in their industry.
- Manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and motivate the Application Engineering Department.
- Supports and enforces the use of global Applications tools and reports; this includes such items as:
- In-house testing protocols
- Common database storage
- Performance Specification Protocol
- Trip Reports
- Provides input to Global Applications Director for definition of equipment configurations
- Interface with Company leadership for input on future Application needs/direction
- Identifies needs for appropriate Demonstration Inventory in each Lab
- Prepares periodic Applications Department reports to demonstrate activity and effectiveness activity (KPIs or metrics)
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of department to conform to budgetary requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily (see above).
- Four-year (Undergraduate) college degree or university program certificate; plus at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to clearly communicate with a diverse cultural and regional team of employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to use spreadsheets and databases is required. Must understand the basics of statistical process control and design of experiments.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Familiarity with laboratory test equipment such as electronic scales, spectrometer, etc.
Keywords:Applications Engineering Supervisor,laboratory test equipment,electronic scales,spectrometer,statistical process control,design of experiments,food processing equipment,metrics, KPI, Key Performance Indicators
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.