See all jobs in Saint Matthews SC
Job Location: Saint Matthews, SC
Product Applications Engineer
Saint Matthews, SC
Commensurate with experience.
Growing multi-national manufacturer serving major OEM customers is seeking to add a Product Applications Engineer to be responsible for Industrial Cable Assemblies and related mechanical components. The position provides an opportunity to work directly with customers and also participate in mechanical product design. Known for their high quality products, custom design capabilities and flexible manufacturing our client is a leader in their market and has developed a customer base that relies on them as a preferred supplier for mission critical applications.
- Listening to the customer and reiterating what the customer has said with energy and excitement to entice customer imagination and continued dialog.
- Develop designs based upon interpretation of customer specifications, drawings and requirements.
- Verify the appropriatestandards, practices and designs have been employed to meet the customer applications and needs.
- Use technical knowledge along with strong communications skills to provide advice and support on a range of cable and related products.
- Develop peer-to-peer relationships that create and foster an environment of being the "go-to" source of technical information.
- Design components and assemblies with consideration of the limitations of materials, equipment and process capability, practicality, regulation, safety, and cost.
- Transition products throughout their lifecycle to assure maximum longevity and profitability.
- Implement continuous design improvements with the development of new materials and manufacturing capabilities.
- Develop new technological solutions, conceptual and detailed designs and employ those to create the documents necessary for prototyping, testing, and production.
- Perform design validation and verification testing.
- Write technical volumes and support materials.
- A mechanical engineering or mechanical engineering technology degree.
- 2-3 years ofengineering experience in product application.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 3-D CAD experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Occasional U.S. and international travel required.
- Experience working under ISO 9001 guidelines with TS 16949 a plus.
Keywords:Product Applications Engineer,Industrial Cable Assemblies,mechanical components,Customer Interaction, Mechanical Engineering, 3-D CAD, Solidworks,ISO 9001,TS 16949
How to Express Interest - Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.