Senior Project Engineer Diesel OBD Calibration
Auburn Hills, MI Direct Hire
Productive Resources(www.prhires.com)is seeking acandidateto be part of the engineering team at our customer's facility in Auburn Hills, MI. The selected candidate be responsible for leading the creation and calibration of OBD systems as well as validation and certification activities performed on-road as well as on chassis and engine dynos. Working with highly motivated individuals from across the globe on a variety of engines, vehicles and markets, the Senior Project Engineer will be able to widen their scope of experience so that they will be on the forefront of technology across the globe. The Senior Project Engineer will have the opportunity to express unique ideas in the solving of complex problems. FEV, Inc. is seeking qualified diesel OBD calibration engineers with 6-8 years of experience to fill multiple positions in a highly dynamic diesel engine development market.
This is a direct hire position with theopportunityof professional growth, and additional opportunities within our organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related field required
- Strong regulatory understanding CARB, EU-OBD, EPA-OBD, WWH-OBD.
- Extensive experience in calibration and implementation of OBD strategies meeting CARB regulations.
- Strong understanding of fault handling and communication.
- Well versed in developing OBD design requirements for software development.
- Strong fundamentals in Diesel engine operation.
- Strong fundamentals in exhaust aftertreatment systems.
- Strong knowledge in the field of automotive sensors and actuators.
- Full understanding of electronic control system strategies, know-how on how the logic implementation and control system functions
- Full understanding of ECU strategy calibration principles.
- Experience in calibrating inhibit matrix, fault identifiers, class definition, Mil handling, fault handling.
- Experience in setting up OBD specific data fetching via CAN through hand-shake messaging system.
- Experience in OBD data preparation for certification.
- Experience in OBD testing for certification, data consolidation and presentation preparation.
- Experience in logic diagram development and concept preparation.
- Skilled in handling calibration tools such as INCA, ATI-VISION, CALDESK, CANalyzer.
- Skilled in handling test environments such as MATLAB/SIMULINK .
- Skilled in handling MS-Word, Excel, Project, Outlook.
- Calibration and / or development experience with diesel engines.
- Working experience with some or all the following tools:
o ETAS INCA
o ATI Vision
o Vector CANape, CANalyzer
- Candidates with masters degree.
- Relevant course work and in-depth knowledge.
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 2001. Our primary focus is project-based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
Our engineering staff is located both at our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer CompetitiveBenefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.