See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Functional Safety Engineer - ADAS
Job Summary of theFunctional Safety Engineer:
Our client is looking for a Functional Safety Engineer with automotive experience to play a vital role in planning of system safety activities related to ADAS/autonomous driving for project time schedules for one of our clients in Michigan area. This client isa leader in advanced vehicle safety systems and offeringoffering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. In this role you will be responsible for conducting safety analyses and to provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on system safety findings and recommended design changes to improve automotive embedded safety systems.
Responsibilities of theFunctional Safety Engineer:
- Plan System Safety Activities with respect to Project Time schedules
- Participate in Safety Analyses of system, subsystem, hardware architectures. Safety Analyses include HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA
- Specify and Document safety concepts and requirements for system architecture including HW and SW aspects
- Communicate to engineering design teams the system safety aspects and communicate what is required to meet specified safety integrity levels
- Review System Test Plans and Specifications to ensure compliance with safety plan with respect to the verification of derived Safety concepts
- Interface with Customers regarding the technical safety aspects for the system and support quoting proposals
Qualifications of theFunctional Safety Engineer:
- Bachelors Degree with 2+ years of experience.Degree in Engineering Science is preferred
- A background in systems engineering with exposure to ISO 26262 standards.
- Experience and knowledge of performing Preliminary Hazard Analysis and FTA (preferably to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025) is a plus.
- Skilled inDFMEA preferably to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629
- Knowledge ofSafety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Experience performing the following analysis -
- Dependent Failure Analysis
- Common CauseAnalysis
- Freedom From Interference Analysis and
- Maintenance Safety Analysis
- Experience withFailure metrics analysis in accordance with IEC-61508 will be beneficial
- Experience withFTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis tools such as ITEM Toolkit and IQ FMEA will be beneficial
- Knowledge of Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia will be beneficial
Desired Background for the Functional Safety Engineer:
- Experienceas a safety analyst in an automotive environment. (Other technical environmentssuch asavionics and military (Mil-Std-882) will be considered)
- experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems such asBrake, Airbag, Steering.
- Experience in applying safety according to ISO 26262 standard, or secondly IEC 61508 standard.
- Understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
Compensation of theFunctional Safety Engineer:
Salary Range: $90,000-120,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Southeast MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas may be helpful:- "System Safety",Safety,Functional,analyses,system,subsystem, "hardware architectures",HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA, "system architecture", "technical safety", "Hazard Analysis",NUREG-0492, "IEC 61025", "SAE J1739", "VDA 4",Mil-std-1629, "Dependent Failure", "Common cause", "Freedom From Interference", "Maintenance Safety", "Failure metrics", "ISO 26262", "Safe Failure Fraction", IEC, ITEM, "IQ FMEA", IQ, "Reliability Predictions",Mil-Hdbk-217,Telcordia, "Embedded Electronic Controls systems",Brake, Airbag, Steering
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.