See all jobs in Farmington MI
Job Location: Farmington, MI
Job Summary of the Calibration Engineer:
Calibration Engineer is needed to play vital role in thesetting the crash algorithm parameters and the overall sensing strategy of the airbag electronic modules for a specific vehicle platform for our Automotive Supplier client in Farmington area.This client is aa leader in advanced vehicle safety systems.This is a company that provides long-term stability and the opportunity to work on exciting, emerging technologies. In this role you will be responsible for managing the complete cycle of crash algorithm which starts from processing the crash data tosigning-off the calibration validation results from the hardware-in-the-loop testing.If you have a good background mix of algorithm specification and calibration strategies, then this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Calibration Engineer:
- Support the Software andthe Product Assurance team in the implementation of the crash algorithms in the airbag modules.
- Comprehending new algorithms, understanding the customer needs, specifying algorithm features and supporting their validation.
- Understand crash data and process it into company format and present the same to review using the internal tools.
- Download crash data, convert that to the company format andpresent it for review using the companydata processing tool.
- Simulate deployment times from a crash algorithm using the companystandard calibration tool,Open, modify and change a calibration (algorithm parameter setting)
- Organize team calibrations in which engineers solve a technical problem as a group.
- Present calibration strategies, options,trade-offs andnegotiate the calibration sign-off directly with the customer.
- Review and sign-off the calibration results from the Algorithm Validation Test Stand (AVTS) and create a calibration report
- Read and understand crash algorithm specification andcustomer specification for an airbag module crash algorithm.
- Open and understand a MATLAB/SIMULINK model/script.
- Attend recurring algorithm meetings at the customer to present current or new algorithm andorganize peer reviews where the work is presented for review.
- Modify/create an algorithm softwarevalidation plan.
Qualificationsof the Calibration Engineer:
- BSME/BSEE/BSCE or physics, Masters preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in control systems development/calibration
- MUST HAVE safety related experience
- Ability to take a key role in customer/supplier interaction
- Experienceworking on Matlab, Simulink and other related tools
- Knowledge of theelectronic products and of automotive safety would be a plus
- Any experience working for/supporting FCA is a plus
Compensation of the Calibration Engineer:
Salary Range: $75,000-95,000/year, depending on experience
Location: Farmington, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful -Algorithm, application, applications, crash, simulink, simulation, matlab, validation, calibration, "Algorithm Validation Test Stand", AVTS
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.