See all jobs in Southfield MI
Job Location: Southfield, MI
Senior Hardware Engineer
Summary of theSenior Hardware Engineer:
Senior level Hardware Engineer is needed to play a vital role in the development of automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware for our client in Michigan area. This client is amarket leader in developing next generation vehicle technologies for powertrain, hybrid, stability controls, and other related systems.This is an opportunity to be a key player at a company with a great reputation in automotive technology and growing business. They offer a great long-term opportunity in a true team environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
- Management of multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame.
- Help in the development of the automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware.
- Analog and digital circuit design through analysis and simulation.
- EMC design and test plan development along with support for PCB layout
- Help team members in troubleshooting EMC anomalies, product specification negotiation, hardware-in-the-loop testing and leading the development through to production.
- Leading and mentoring the team of engineers who are responsible for sub-project activities.
- Overseeing the testing of prototypes, and following the development through to production.
- Support the root cause analysis of modules returned by the customer during the development stage.
Qualifications of the Senior Hardware Engineer:
- BS in EE/CE, Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in analog and digital hardware design for automotive ECUs.
- Experience taking projects through the full development life-cycle.
- Experience in interfacing withcustomers.
- Ability tocoordinate program activities with team members at remote sites.
- Solid communication skills.
Compensation of theLead Engineer (Hardware):
Salary Range: $90,000-$110,000/year
Location: Detroit Area
Type: Direct Hire
Travel: As and when required (global locations)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Hardware, Testing, validation, troubleshoot, Engineer, design, development, control unit, embedded, circuit, analog, digital, simulation, EMC, PCB, ECU
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.