See all jobs in Montgomery AL
Job Location: Montgomery, AL
General Plant Manager Machining
Job Code (4574)
Terra Haute IN, Montgomery AL,
$120,000.00 - $150,000.00
PURPOSE:Lead and grow a precision CNC / Screw Machine contract manufacturing company.Direct the development and execution of comprehensive business plan for the Company, to include identifying market opportunities, and achieve and surpass sales and profit objectives.
- Establishes a clear and compelling vision for the company and drives productivity to meet strategic objectives
- Identifies trends through field travel and market research; Monitors competitive product performance and pricing; Identifies product improvements and new products for development
- Manages operations along with marketing and sales activities; communicates extensively with the field; Addresses technical, pricing, and availability questions from the field; Develops communication pieces to the field
- Accountable for achieving Companys financial objectives for the business; Develops financial budgets and projection updates; Sets pricing policies and approves major deviations; Evaluates the productivity of sales
- Licenses new technologies for development and commercialization
- Builds interrelationships across functional disciplines; Promotes initiative by pushing down responsibilities into the organization
- Utilizes knowledge of competition and product potential to seek out and gain new business opportunities
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the Precision Machining Industry and seeks ways in which the business can be nourished and leveraged to achieve and hold competitive advantage
- Communicates the strategic vision to management and customers that fosters a positive perception of the business in the marketplace
- Develops Budget and Time & Action plans for viable product, sales, marketing and distribution strategies targeting growth and expansion; develop and coordinate marketing objectives and strategy for all products and services
- Direct in-house as well as outside product development efforts
- 10 plus years proven experience managing within a Precision Machining environment.
- Solid background in all aspects of the business including Sales, Finance, Engineering, Quality and Maintenance.
- Strong business focus and orientation with history of successfully growing sales while maintaining profit goals.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with strategic planning process to a sophisticated audience highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of how to function in a highly regulated environment (ISO Certified); Superior knowledge of business theories.
- Strong business management capabilities combined with entrepreneurship; willing to wear several hats in an entrepreneurial, rapidly moving organization.
- Individual with general management capability in a smaller organization highly preferred;financial reporting experience highly desirable
- Excellent analysis skills; ability to identify trends, commonalties and deficits;Proven ability to identify areas of strength, weaknesses and opportunity; computer literate; capable of tracking, communicating and analyzing data for executive decision-making and integration into strategic plan
- A leader of people;one who leads by example and is happy in the role of teacher; Agent of change; comfortable in a role that drives change to new thresholds
- Measurable successes in marketing, business development and portfolio management; proven success leading the identification, pursuit and capture of new market opportunities
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, ability to present data and conclusions using state-of-the-art illustrative presentation materials
- Educational requirements:
- Will be met by a Bachelor's degree in a technical / engineering discipline.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.