See all jobs in Atlanta GA
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Responsible for all aspects of the control systems on automated assembly systems. From concepting through final customer acceptance and documentation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITY AND QUALIFICATION
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations and quality standards of the country in which work is undertaken
- Developing new business proposals; and accepting responsibility and a level of accountability commensurate with the seniority of the position.
- Create a controls architecture from a sales quotation.
- Working collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers and other internal staff
- Thorough understanding mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings.
- Manage the controls content of projects within cost and time constraints
- Review and evaluate customer specifications.
- Generate electrical drawings with AutoCAD or Eplan or oversee such designs.
- Program logic controllers in ladder, sequential graphs and/or statement lists. (Siemens, AB, Beckhoff, Pilz, etc.)
- Develop HMI systems for efficient process control along with SCADA & MES (WinCC, FactoryTalk, Xenon, etc.).
- Program industrial robots for applications in material handling, testing, machine tending or as per process demands (Fanuc, Adept, ABB, etc.)
- Writing computer software (VB, C++, SQL, etc)
- Work alone or with other Controls Engineers in commissioning machines
- Design, test and document safety systems for the machines adhering to established country-specific requirements (Pilz, AB, Siemens, etc.)
- Integrate and commission servo drives and amplifiers into process automation for linear and/or rotary movements. (Siemens, Beckhoff, AB, SEW, Bosch, etc.)
- Use experience with vision systems (Keyence, Cognex, etc.) and knowledge of different fieldbus systems and its implementation to perform duties.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Creating and reviewing machine operational manuals
- Maintaining and modifying existing control systems
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Travel domestically and internationally 25-30% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or foreign equivalent (desired but not required).
Minimum of 5 years experience designing and developing software for complex high-volume production systems for automotive and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Familiarity with GAMP 5 practices a plus.
Understand budget requirements and project schedule. Technical writing for machine manuals. Accountable for project schedule and budget requirements.
Able to travel to customer sites domestically and internationally.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.