TITLE: DESIGN ENGINEER
INDUSTRY: Heavy Equipment
AREA: Kansas City
Our client, a very diversified Heavy Equipment designer and manufacturer, has asked Sterling St. James, LLC to help them identify, recruit source, screen and qualify a candidate to handle their newly created position of Electrical Hydraulic Engineer in an existing well managed department.
This individual will support the product design area, function as a design engineer and design, analyze and develop new product improvements. This individual will be a key player in the design of the heavy equipment, handle the new exciting design using programmable controllers to design electrically controlled hydraulic systems.
The position is an all-inclusive assignment that encompasses design and development of the new equipment for this industry as well as working in a high tech, leading edge field.
This will encompass:
- Use design principals in the areas of mechanics, physics, hydraulics, and electrical to solve problems and optimize designs for innovative and competitive products. Analyze designs for predictive safety factors before building
- Work in 3-D CAD world to create parts and assemblies to incorporate approved concepts to develop cost effective designs that consider 'Design for Assembly' and 'Design for Service' perspectives. Work with in-house Designers and outside designing resources to convert model development into working drawings.
- Utilize R&D resources (in-house and outside) effectively to test and verify design integrity. Document results for company records and regulation compliance. Work with technicians and outside service providers to document changes and parts lists during build process.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain function to mine the supply base for new technology, new suppliers and component value improvement. Closely support the Supply Chain function in negotiations and supplier selection
- Work closely with the Sales function to incorporate "voice of the customer'' input into design requirements and identify creative solutions for customer needs, leveraging these competitive advantages to support profitable company
- Provide project management leadership to meet deadlines, produce accurate drawings and BOM's, implement feature changes and improvements, and company
- Generate documentation needed for manual and special instruction
- Provide timely technical information to support Sales, Production, and Service functions within the
To qualify for this career position, you need to be a:
- Strong communication skills (Written, Verbal, and Listening)
- Team player
- 5 plus years experience
- Cad Design( 3 D capability and design)
- Strong problem solver
- Self-starter (Enthusiastic & Cooperative)
- Step-up-to the plate type work ethic
- Degree preferred but will consider experience and ability
- Engineering Degrees in Mechanical Engineering or related field will be considered
This position offers a tremendous opportunity for someone with bring-to-the-table experience with exceptional drive and motivation to make a name for themselves in this rapidly growing company. This is a good company with an upbeat work environment that assigns meaningful work and appreciates team members and their efforts. You can feel good about your contribution at the end of a work day.
They offer a good benefit package, parking, and a family type work environment.
To be considered for this position send your resume in MS Word format or PDF as an attachment.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.