Chief Engineer / Engineering Manager Pittsburgh, PA
This position is with a very successful, ethical and highly experienced independent Engineering and Contractors Company to the Glass Industry. Some of the reasons this company has been so successful is because they have a customer focused, entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to look for unique solutions for the client.
Your role with the Company:
The Chief Engineer will lead a multi-disciplined group to engineer, design and develop process specifications for all aspects of glass manufacturing facilities and processes. The Chief Engineer will develop and integrate design processes and best practices and be accountable for achieving cost, schedule and productivity metrics of the Engineering staff. The Chief Engineer will also identify strategic opportunities for improvements within process and facility design as well as the engineering techniques used in project development.
What you will be doing:
- Perform engineering work related to planning, building or repairing all aspects of glass manufacturing processes
- Fosters participation in continuous improvement efforts, open communication and a self-directed team approach to find eloquent design solutions
- Develop and implement quality control/quality assurance procedures for engineering work by establishing, maintaining and enforcing departmental standards
- Delegates and assigns projects and related workload to staff
- Make recommendations and appoint project managers for engineering led projects
- Works with fellow managers, directors and top management to provide input for the development of strategic and operating plans
- Assists Vice President of Operations in departmental staffing and appraisals
- Promotes collaboration between engineering disciplines, purchasing and construction for an integrated design model
- Approve all designs and ensure completion of the acceptance process
- Assist the effort to identify and qualify high-potential project opportunities by participating in estimates, working with subcontractors and/or participating in proposals and presentations
- Review all project engineering cost reports and forecasts identifying signs of trouble and developing plans
- Coordinate with engineering staff to resolve operating problems, disputes and negotiations
- Assist in maintaining existing client relationships that lead to repeat work
- Participation as a team member in leading business process improvement within the company
- Train and coach all staff within the Engineering team for future growth and development opportunities
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required. Professional Engineering (PE) license is strongly desired.
- At least 20 years of experience in a management role desired.
- Highly motivated, hands-on engineering leader with excellent communication skills who can manage concurrent projects.
- Glass Manufacturing or other heavy Manufacturing experience is a strong plus.
- Demonstrate ability to lead a cross functional teams and act as a facilitator to bring out the best possible solution to a problem.
- Demonstrate ability to take a project from concept to implementation. Customer focused mindset.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% as needed.
Why Work here?
This is a leading world-wide engineering contractor company that would be a good cultural fit for an engineer with an entrepreneurial spirit. The company is flexible and is willing to look for unique solutions to find the best way to help their clients.
- High ethical values and a sort decision making process.
- Paid relocation. Competitive salary and a solid benefit package.
- Medical Coverage for the employee, spouse and all qualified dependents age 26 and below, are fully paid by the company at this time.
- Comprehensive benefit package also includes vacation, paid sick days, paid holidays, short-term and long-term disability, Term Life Insurance; 100% continuing education re-imbursement; and a 401K.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.