See all jobs in Buffalo NY
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
This is a tremendous opportunity to join one of the worlds most prestigious corporations in a high profile role that will lead to professional growth and advancement. Our client is part of a $13bb dollar publicly held company and is located in beautiful upstate New York. If you are seeking a company that offers challenges, professional growth, and financial stability, this just might be the job for you.
Reporting to the Business Unit manager of a $25mm product line, this positions primary role will be to increase Business Unit sales and profits through the development of product strategies. This will include coordinating communication involving the products and their applications between the Business Unit, its customers and end users.
Our client is in need of a talented Product Manager who has:
- the ability to sell current products; this will mean that you have to quickly understand the product line and then you will train distributors on new products.
- the desire to develop relationships particularly on the OE side of the business. This will include locatingand integrating new business partners into the company's customerportfolio.
- the skills to coordinating specific new product launches, primarily on the Industrial side of the business.
- the ability to help give a face lift andimplement Branding to all products (The Frame work for this is solidified, this person will need to execute the plan).
- Establish product development procedures to assist field sales in achieving profitable volume.
- Make recommendations and evaluations on new product opportunities.
- Participate in or lead new product development teams as part of the company's inovationprocess.
- Develop and present product training to field sales, customers and end users.
- Support field sales with information on products and application.
- Conduct periodic market evaluations.
- Conduct competitive analysis of product lines.
- Accompany and assist field sales as required.
- Attend sales conferences and trade shows as required.
- Assist in preparation and execution of advertising and promotional programs.
- Develop and revise product literature, catalogs, technical bulletins etc.
- Facilitate exchange of information between engineering and field sales management.
- Assist in the development of pricing strategies.
- Assist in the development of product positioning strategies.
- Monitor activities for continuous improvements in productivity and cost reductions.
- Four-year degree
- Three to five years experience in engineering or field sales in a related industry, prefer experience in the filtration equipment or capital equipmentindustry.
- Strong technical skills as well as knowledge or experience in commercial sales is required
- Proven experience working with capital equipment or filtration equipment is necessary.
- Ability to interface with customers successfully is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be the link between Engineering and sales.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities using effective problem solving / resolution skills and a team focus.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.