See all jobs in Needham MA
Job Location: Needham, MA
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer MEP / HVAC
Location: Needham, MA (moving to Westwood, MA in late summer)
This is an exciting opportunity for a MEP Design Engineer, to work in an R&D group of a company that has a game changing technology within the Clean Tech industry.
A well-established start-up in the HVAC industry has a solution for efficiency and indoor air quality.
Looking for an individual who has designed mechanical systems for large building HVAC equipment.
Provide engineering needs for plan/spec and turn-key projects to integrate the companys system into the HVAC system design.
They will also assist with LEED performance and submissions
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, electro-mechanical, or process engineering
- 3+ years of relevant experience in HVAC design
- Knowledge of energy modeling, load calculations, friction loss, HVAC systems applications, and plumbing, fire protection
- Ability to design, create test methods, platforms, and analyze collected testing data
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings and designs.
- Knowledge of psychometrics
- Working knowledge of Revit/AutoCAD
- Ability to explain technical issues to others
- Knowledge of Building Codes
- Responsibility on system mechanical design and changes.
- Support R&D activities by preparing standard operating procedures, lab test, component
and product quality assurance.
- Maintain and analyze testing results, commissioning reports to support product improvements.
- Design and implement test platforms for different system components, or to evaluate design modifications on the overall product performance.
- Develop, document and build prototypes
- Utilize CAD / Rivet Software to document prototypes and test fixtures
- Create and modify CAD/SolidWorks drawings and models
- Provide installation, commissioning, production, and customer support as needed
- Work with vendors and Sourcing to ensure the manufacturablilty of mechanical assemblies
Individuals that have worked at design firms like WSP, Syska Hennessey, Constentini, etc would likely be a great fit.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.