Strategic Human Resource Manager - Manufacturing
Our client is looking for a forward-thinking HR Manager, who is strategic and puts a strong focus on team and individual development, while being instrumental in driving high-impact change efforts in sensitive and challenging environments, and achieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement for their manufacturing operation in this non-union plant.
The HR Manager will report to the Plant Manager and partner with business leaders in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment to deliver essential people solutions.
KEY REQUIREMENTS Include:
- 8+ years of experience as a Human Resources Manager
- 10+ years of experience in Human Resources within a manufacturing or assembly facility
- Must be forward thinking and strategic with a strong focus on team & individual development.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience.
- 3+ years of Business Partner experience
- Ability to obtain results by effectively utilizing leadership and talent resources, while serving as a champion for continuous improvement and organizational excellence in all areas.
- Extensive experience inachieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement.
- Proven experience in conflict management
- Willingness and ability to back up payroll when required.
- Experience with employee relations
- Knowledge of US employment law and Human Resource policies/practices
- Experience recruiting non-exempt/hourly employees strongly preferred
- Proven skills in the areas of initiative, individual leadership, teamwork, collaboration, and facilitation
- Experience with Employee Engagement, Team Building and Employee Development
- Proven experience as an HR business partner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Union experience a plus, but not required
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience working with HRIS systems
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Include:
- Instrumental in driving high-impact change efforts in sensitive and challenging environments, and achieving continuity through strong communication and employee engagement for the Gainesville, GA operation.
- Participate in the recruitment process by discussing staffing needs with line managers, completing position requisitions and postings, screening applicants, conducting interviews, and managing applicants through the entire recruitment life cycle
- Participate in onboarding of new associates including conducting new hire orientation, benefits orientation, and ensuring new hires are properly integrated into the organization
- Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relations problems. Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on Human Resources matters
- Communicate with associates to answer questions relating to employment, benefits, career advancement, etc; elevate issues to Regional Human Resource Manager as appropriate
- Conduct routine salary administration tasks; provide advice to managers on employee compensation
- Ensure highest level of customer service is provided to managers and employees and help team to consistently apply company policies, procedures, and compliance with employment laws
- Act as a change agent in a fast-paced environment; engage with managers and employees to respond to a variety of dynamic priorities
- Initiate and sustain collaborative, trust-based relationships with management and peers
- Adapt, develop and/or implement appropriate human resource structures, tools, policies, processes and procedures to support the business strategy
- Create, nurture and sustain a positive, engaging work environment that attracts, develops and retains critical talent
- Promote a change-oriented culture to help drive priority-based initiatives aligned with the business goals throughout the organization
- Measure HR performance against annual operating plan metrics
- Contribute leading-edge thought leadership and innovative approaches to maximize organizational performance within the group
- Create an environment that supports ongoing efforts to identify and develop management and technical talent throughout the organization with particular emphasis on developing critical skills to support business goals
- Execute performance review, merit review, talent review and open enrollment processes
- Forecast and conduct workforce planning with functional leadership to ensure business meets customer expectations as well as financial commitments to the strategy plan.
- Measures HR performance against annual operating plan metrics
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.