Manufacturing Engineer Layout Services
Waterloo, IA - Full Time
Productive Resources(www.prhires.com)is seeking acandidateto be part of our Layout Services team at our customer's facility in Waterloo, IA. Productive Resources provides manufacturing engineering services to our customers in a variety of facilities focusing specifically on factory layout management. Layout accuracy is key to successful future planning to improve current/new production areas. This position will work closely with the Productive Resources project manager and the customers Manufacturing Engineering team to create and maintain facility layouts with regards to fixtures, furniture, equipment and utilities. This person will be a part of an overall team and yet work independently, be flexible with their work schedule, and have excellent time management to balance priorities to deadlines.
This is a full-time position that is indefinite in duration with theopportunityof professional growth, and additional opportunities within our organization.
- Use AutoCAD and Factory CAD to update/maintain factory layouts.
- Field checking current state items and placing them accurately into the drawing.
- Manage AutoCAD files per customers standards.
- Support new product programs through the EPDP cycle.
- Perform periodic audits comparing the accuracy of what is real on the shop floor to what is virtual in AutoCAD.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
o Emphasis on mechanical drafting practices
- 3-5 years AutoCAD and Factory CAD experience minimum
- 3-5 years of manufacturing engineering or facilities engineering experience minimum. Some aspects may include:
o Facility maintenance knowledge a plus
o Implementation of process and facility safety practices
o Layout development
- Flexible work schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Proven project leadership
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly self-motivated
- Detail oriented
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent communicator written and verbal; able to communicate to a variety of audiences
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources has provided machine design and engineering services to industry leading customers since 2001. Our primary focus is project-based product development of off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, mining, recreational, industrial, and special machines.
Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering services needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
Our engineering staff is located both at our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, and at numerous customer sites throughout the U.S.
We Offer CompetitiveBenefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.