See all jobs in New York NY
Job Location: New York, NY
International Apparel Company in search of a strategic, process driven Senior Product Manager.The person who joins our dynamic team has a passion for driving success goals, innovating processes and implementing new technologies.If you love streamlining communications with internal and external vendor partners, we'd love to chat about how you can increase our global productivity.NYC Based
- Will lead and direct a team of Product Managers, who are responsible for managing all aspects of the garment production time and actions calendars.
- Monitor and evaluate team progress against expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations.
- Manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines.
- Escalate issues within a time period and with the right approach (whether internal or with client).
- Conduct the project & team; be proactive, solution-oriented, and strategic leader (not reactive).
- Set expectations from the beginning of the project to ensure success
- Find solutions as issues arise without compromising quality, team morale, or budget hence turning a challenging situation into a win-win for all.
- Lead business planning meetings with a detailed understating of inventory management.
- Execute Costing and develop cost modeling strategies
- Negotiate costs and identify solutions to achieve the margin goals set by the VP of Brands and Private Label.
- Support sourcing strategies and develop annual capacity planning for development and production.
- Review and drive team to manage customer compliance requirements, which include testing protocol requirements, labels, tickets, packaging, QC requirements etc.
- Create and manage calendars including time and action timelines for all accounts, lines and seasons.
- Manage global operations of product development - liaison for internal division heads, Asian office and factories
- Lead production planning meetings. Drive resolutions and stay on track for critical milestones.
- Travel to Asia and establish regular connectivity with factory and mill suppliers.
- Issue purchase orders to the sourced factories and supply the necessary data into Blue Cherry
- Manage, track and approve vendor invoice payments.
- 8-10 years experience in productmanagement / developmentor production
- Knowledge of swim, intimates or active a plus - not required
- An engaging blend of process management, creative thinking and business skills.
- Ability to manage large Private Label program for accounts such as Amazon, Target, Kohls is Required
- Familiarity with different types of projects and deliverables; not limited to ERP and PLM systems such as Blue Cherry.
- A strong hand on, roll up your sleeve work ethic that can organize, assist and handle multi-faceted projects with a high degree of flexibility
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions.
- Excellent project management skills - manage multiple projects across fluctuating deadlines.
- Proven people manager with a demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, and manage a team of direct reports.
- Strong personal skills, self-motivated, and well organized.
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.