Chaloner has partnered with an experiential marketing company in the search for a Communications Specialist, Technology Experience to support a Fortune 100 Multinational industrial technology companys flagship Interactive Visitors Center based in Washington, D.C. This position reports to the Director, Global Technology Experience Centers at the experiential marketing firm.
The Specialist is responsible for daily operations including but not limited to primary scheduling, visitor tracking and record keeping for the Technology Experience Center; facilitating and conducting tours as requested by Government Relations and Global staff; first-level technical troubleshooting to ensure functional operating systems; and coordination of maintenance and service support needs. The Specialist is also responsible for maintaining a content archive and organizing multimedia content submissions from business units for periodic updates and assisting in the writing and development of those content updates.
- Daily functional operation of Technology Experience Center:
- Execute superb day-to-day functional operation of the Technology Experience Center and its systems, ensuring a positive experience for visitors.
- Conduct well informed, engaging tours for visitors as necessary and/or requested.
- Support any personnel conducting their own tours of the Technology Experience Center.
- Schedule tours with appropriate contacts using Microsoft Outlook or similar electronic system.
- Coordinate monthly or other maintenance with applicable vendors and Technology Experience Center Director; inform Washington office personnel of expected downtime.
- Execute logistics with support personnel such as Washington office receptionist, catering managers or delegation leaders to ensure a well-coordinated customer visit.
- Evaluate and troubleshoot any equipment malfunctions in the Technology Experience Center; report any malfunctions not repairable to the immediately; schedule appropriate technical resources for repair upon approval; perform basic technical testing of systems in coordination with applicable vendors; inform Washington office personnel of expected downtime.
- Maintain an exceptional working knowledge of the clients technologies both displayed in Technology Experience Center and throughout the enterprise; this knowledge is required for the Specialist to present informed tours of the Technology Experience Center and assist Director with any content updates.
- Assist in maintaining and organizing an electronic archive of Technology Experience Center content, such as existing and previously used raw and finished video, text scripts, images, graphics, exhibit programming and exhibit planning documents; backup the archive at regular intervals.
- Assist in soliciting, collecting, organizing and tracking content submissions from business unit communicators.
- Maintain strong working relationships with vendors providing services and support to the Technology Experience Center.
- Assist in maintaining any internal Sharepoint Intranet sites dedicated to the Technology Experience Center or its specific content if a content management system is provided.
- Support and maintain visitor database in Salesforce with most current visitor information; compile and coordinate reporting of significant metrics for the Technology Experience Center such as usage statistics and trends, evaluation scores, internal and external customer feedback, KPI benchmarks.
- Regularly update the Director on weekly logistic needs and actions in the Technology Experience Center.
- Serve as an on-site backup for Director when she is off site or otherwise unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education:
- Two years in a communications, public relations/public affairs, government relations or marketing role in a corporation, agency or government environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong professional presence and public presentation capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with audio/video systems and consumer-level PC-based computer systems.
- Relentless attention to organization and detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines at one time in a corporate environment.
- Experience in public relations and/or government relations a plus, particularly in technology and manufacturing.
- A passion for technology is a plus.
- Experience with executive briefing centers or visitor centers is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the internet-based applications, including content management systems and database management tools.
- Proficiency in Salesforce a plus.
- Proficiency in database management and reporting a plus.
- Must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows/Office 365 environment, particularly Microsoft Outlook.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jenn Saldarelli (jenn at chaloner dot com)
How To Apply:
You will be directed to another website for application instructions.